PDA

View Full Version : yfz wont go slow...

BakerRacing40
03-11-2010, 09:08 AM
well i have dumped some money into the ol yfz and a new problem has shown its ugly face. everything seems to run fine if your all up in it shoulder deep, but if you come to a slow section she stalls and wont refire.

so here's the story so far, haven't had a chance to get in it very far yet.... went out to a local spot to go ride, let the bike warm up while i was getting my gear on and went over and burped the throttle twice (maybe a quarter throttle) and it died. tried to start it up and wouldn't start at all. so started taking plastics off to diagnose and with out really doing any thing besides checking the plug and making sure i was getting fuel to the carb and drained the bowl on the carb. still no start. finally it got to where it would start for a second and die (no throttle applied), got it to start and hit the throttle at the perfect time i guess and started up.. and died... several more attempts i got it to where i could try to make a quick ride to try to feel out the problem. all seemed ok. went for another ride and that's when i found out how its dying out in lower rpm. finally stalled and wouldn't start, battery was pretty much drained. pushed it for a quarter mile or so till i found some one to pull start it, had it in third and it wouldn't bust off, dropped down a gear and it wanted to start, so dropped to first and it started. kept the revs up and hauled tail back to the truck. wouldn't refire when i got there, battery drained.

haven't had a chance to try to charge battery or test but i suspected stator. so i just ohmed it out and the yellow and white wires have no resistance between them 0 ohms. the red and white pair have 267.7 ohms between them. if i remember correctly that is in spec? haven't got to do a running voltage test of the stator yet. any ideas?

BakerRacing40
03-11-2010, 09:10 AM
and if anybody has a stock wiring diagram i could get a copy of i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks for the help

mxpimp2000
03-12-2010, 04:18 PM
check valve clearence and TPS sensor. i would go with a kick start and race harness atleast thats wat i done before any probs with e-start started to happen to me

BakerRacing40
03-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
check valve clearence and TPS sensor. i would go with a kick start and race harness atleast thats wat i done before any probs with e-start started to happen to me

I have the sparks bypass plug and put a Honda throttle on and spliced the two wires that went to the stock throttle together. My kill switch was a pro design That messed up and wouldn't kill the bike so I just removed it and think there was a bad connection where it was spliced in. So I'm getting some connectors tonight and going to wire it up in the morning and see what it does with no kill switch and wired right.