PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have experiance buying off of Ebay?

RIDER11X
01-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Is buying off of Ebay a risky thing or is it all good? Are you protected from being ripped off? Anyone buy off of Ebay on a regular basis?:confused:

Team Outlaw #34
01-26-2003, 12:08 AM
I just bought a lsr axle a week ago on ebay and i just bought champion beadlocks friday and i have had no troubles....i thought i read something on ebay that if you are going to commit (sp?) fraud that they investigate all complaints or something like that (I think they said that).....

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-26-2003, 12:24 AM
I use eBay all the time. Just stay away from people with negative/no feedback and you will be fine...

TC17
01-26-2003, 01:10 AM
my mom has over 300 positive replies. no negative or netraul. Ebay is really good. if you are ripped off, you can notify ebay or talk to the person. when we thought my exhaust was a full system and it wasn't, the guy went out and bought us a K&N and apoligized. very nice people.

joeroadking
01-26-2003, 01:52 AM
I buy and sell off ebay daily, the key is to check the persons feedback rating read the ads very carefully and ask all questions before bidding , also be wary of people with shades they are new.out of almost 400 transactions I have only one negetive experance. there are a lot of scams out there but use common sense and you will walk away with a good deal.

Predator36
01-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
I use eBay all the time. Just stay away from people with negative/no feedback and you will be fine...

I use ebay all the time and love it. I have had a few bad experiances and they have all been with low feed back or negative feedback people, and thru the help of ebay they have all been resolved.

sweet300ex
01-26-2003, 06:30 AM
my family buys and sells stuff off ebay all the time and we never have any trouble

BlazingYamahaYz
01-26-2003, 07:38 AM
my friends buy/sell stuff on ebay all the time...if they ever have a problem, they can ususally resolve it....2fastandfurious got his 92 250x, with 300ex head, holeshots on itp's, blackwaters, and renthal bars for $900, and hasnt had any problems since, except for cracking a case(his own fault since he didnt check the chain:rolleyes: )

01-26-2003, 08:32 AM
I use Ebay often. As people have said, check the feedback, and use your gut instinct. If something just seems to good to be true, it may be, but then again it may not be. (I got a full 400EX plastics kit for 50$ off of ebay...)

RIDER11X
01-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info!:) I feel a little more comfortable about using Ebay now.

How does that PAY PAL work? Are there any fees with that? I saw one seller that said to add 2.9% if using a credit card. Does that mean PaY PAL?:cool:

user101
01-26-2003, 12:17 PM
ive had 0 probs with ebay.

paypal is paying with ur credit card. it is free to sign up. i dont really know how to explain it bu i use it alot. ive had 0 probs with using paypal .:)

stocktires
01-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
How does that PAY PAL work? Are there any fees with that? I saw one seller that said to add 2.9% if using a credit card. Does that mean PaY PAL?:cool:

Isnt it illegal to do that?

anyway, Most of the time everything will be fine and all will go well. I have been screwed over a time or two by some crazy people though :mad:

quadfamily
01-26-2003, 02:30 PM
I was wondering how do you sell somehting on e-bay? Does e-bay get a cut? Where do you go to put something for sale? I'm registered to buy stuff and I have bought several things over the last couple of years but Do I have to register again to sell stuff? Can someone tell me the steps? Thanks! BTW I'm thinking of putting my ATC110 on ebay.

QuAdRaCeR244
01-26-2003, 02:32 PM
I get tons of stuff off ebay. I got 7 dirtbikes and i wasn't ripped off on anything.:) I think ebay is a pretty good thing.

01-26-2003, 02:35 PM
I get some stuff off ebay but only using paypal, becuase its safe way to trust people with your money. ebay is safe most of the time..

CHAUNCY
01-26-2003, 02:36 PM
my dad buys and sells on ebay all the time. over 550 comments. He sells tons of moto stuff on there. I got my rc cars on ebay, movies, tons of other stuff. Only had one problem with someone hacking into ebays security or somethin. hopefully we will get the money back.

stocktires
01-26-2003, 02:37 PM
quadfamily, just click on sell item on ebays main page

PLgNgSt
01-26-2003, 02:54 PM
I jsut bought a 2002 Yamaha Blaster off ebay I havent recieved it yet but look at it this way if the guy rips you off and doesnt wanna send you whatever your buying after yo usend him the money you fly to wherver he lives and beat it out of him :) Nah but most people are honest on ebay don't think you'll have a problem you can always give them negative feedback and other people wont buy from them don't worry as long as everythign is clean and mint you will be ok dont be afriad to ask a lot of questions
-PAUL Queens New York

Team Outlaw #34
01-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
quadfamily, just click on sell item on ebays main page

I don't understand one thing that is on the sell page....there is so many different options and there is like 3 different monthly payments....I don't know its kinda messed up to me (the selling part).....

stocktires
01-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Team Outlaw #34
I don't understand one thing that is on the sell page....there is so many different options and there is like 3 different monthly payments....I don't know its kinda messed up to me (the selling part).....

wha? Its purty much self-explanitory (sp?), just sell item and log-in and go through the process...