PDA

View Full Version : Houser Nerfs

Sjorge450R
03-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Ok. So heres the deal. I wanna get a set of the new nerfs for my 450r, but I want a polished set. No problem. Call Houser, "We dont offer a bare finish because we dont have a polishing machine"

heres what i want to know. Can I just get a bare set and polish them myself? I dont want to deal with the PC and such chipping. I cannot believe that the are only offering them painted...they are def losing business IMO

Tommy Warren
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Houser never sold a set of polished a-arms????:confused:

KFX450Rrider490
03-10-2010, 06:25 PM
ive taken aluminum things and polished them.just to clean them with a wire wheel and that would work for a brushed look but i dont know how to realy polish something like that besides using realy fine sandpaper and then some sort of polishing wax.

hope this helps good luck

Pappy
03-10-2010, 06:27 PM
See if John will send you a set before they head to powdercoating. You can then polish them all you'd like.

eastcoastpro20
03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
if they will send them to you bare aluminum you can polish them out yourself to look like chrom, its no problem.

D Bergstrom
03-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
"We dont offer a bare finish because we dont have a polishing machine"

So they are not going to offer a bare finish at all, they are only powder coating them? I could care less about them being polished, I was hoping to just get a set in natural aluminum for my 700XX. If I can only get them powder coated, guess I will not be buying a set.

Doug

Sjorge450R
03-11-2010, 01:12 AM
You can get them bare(with no price difference :confused: ) , I was just worried about them looking like hell and not being able to polish them out.

If you guys think that polishing them will not be a problem, then I will definetly be getting a set. To me, PC does not belong on Nerfs or bumpers....its a silly idea:p

eastcoastpro20
03-11-2010, 08:35 AM
yes they should easily polish out, the only time its hard to polish em out is if they have clear on em cause then you gotta sand it off first. but these shouldnt have tht. You will need a cuttin wheel though to get a good shine.

muddy400EX
03-11-2010, 02:25 PM
ya shouldnt be a problem. i had a hmf slip on for my old 400, i polished it myself and it looked just like HMF's polished slip ons