PDA

View Full Version : Goofy Problem

Sjorge450R
03-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Well I started to get my quad race ready again (its been outta the game for like 2 years) and today I put all new cables and such on so i figured i would clean the carb. Well, I also decided to play with my jetting since I have been having a stuttering problem. Well anyway. I have an 05, Rossier, UNI and open lid. I am running a HRC needle, 185 main and one size above stock pilot. today I turned the pilot out 2.5 and the needle is one spot from the top. it runs great and sounds great, but it just turns off and acts like its gonna turn off and sometimes it does.

My question is. Is this because my pilot is 2.5 turns out? I forget what the max out allowed is.

Thanks!

d3ktrix
03-10-2010, 06:05 PM
The clip on the needle being 1clip down sounds kind of lean.
Stick it on the middle clip and see if it helps.

When does it want to cut out and die? On idle?
If so sounds like something could be clogged still. That pilot and a/f setting should be more then enough fuel.
Idle set high enough?
Did the carb sit with gas in it all that time?

Sjorge450R
03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
My carb never sits with gas in it. Plus. It was running perfectly right before i started working on it.

I will switch the needle back, I just thought maybe that would help with the stumble that I was having before. Seemed like it was getting too much fuel before.

Being lean is what I thought because my quad has more power than ever which makes sense if its lean. Also, when it cut out the one time, my mom was watching and she said there was a huge white spark from under the seat (blowback from the carb i would assume)

It cuts out when its idling, but while idling it acts like there is some sort of air leak somewhere, but there isnt, I checked. I am gonna tear it apart tomorrow and change the needle first.

Sjorge450R
03-11-2010, 08:32 AM
heres another thing. It is a PITA to start too now. It takes like 3 or 4 kicks whereas it used to be one and done.

d3ktrix
03-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Hard to start and bad idle sounds like the pilot circuit isn't right or clogged.