PDA

View Full Version : Frame pegs?

tyyllleeeerrrrr
03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey there, i am curious to know if anyone has issues with the stock ones? If so what have some have you tried that are aftermarket? I'm in the process if gusseting and painting my frame and am undecided on replacing them. Any opinions appreciated

Scro
03-11-2010, 06:31 AM
IMS pegs are really nice. They are a bit lower, which makes for a more comfortable riding position. It did for me anyway.

tyyllleeeerrrrr
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Are the stock pegs known to break?

Scro
03-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I've never heard of a set breaking. There's also a company making bolt-on pieces for the stock pegs, that look much sharper and wider. I'm not sure what the company is though.

Wayner
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by tyyllleeeerrrrr
Hey there, i am curious to know if anyone has issues with the stock ones? If so what have some have you tried that are aftermarket? I'm in the process if gusseting and painting my frame and am undecided on replacing them. Any opinions appreciated

I replaced mine with Pro Armor pegs. Not quite as expensive as IMS. Noticed that they tend to vibrate more than the stockers. To fix this I bought some small rubber o-rings that fit snugly onto the bolts and sit between the pegs and the frame. Seemed to work great.

Holes didn't line up all that well. I ended up slotting one of the holes slightly lengthwise. Thus, the diameter was my 4-way locator and the slot was my 2-way.

You'll really like the extra width compared to the stockers.

Honda4life05
03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
these are mine i got from pro armor. they just bolt up to the stock pegs.

jpfmotors
03-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I just made my own with using the stockers as a base for the rest there is a pic on here some where in my other thread i dont know how to link it