PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harness video

THARNESS
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, I just got some new video making software and have been playing with it. Here is some footage of Ryan from a local race this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjRL1fCNmD0

I hope this link works. I'm not very good at this.

Ride1Rob
03-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Nice! Good job rider, vid taker, and vid editor. I've been thinking about buying software for vids as well to enhance my vid making skills. Is it worth it?

THARNESS
03-10-2010, 09:42 AM
I purchased Cyberlink Power Director online for $69. I have no experience at all in video editing. It is really cool software. I have just learned the basics so far. It is really cool what all it can do.

thequadfather+2
03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Awesome. good work, both rider and camera.

I use a regular sony HD video camera with "Pinnacle stubio". It is super easy and comes with all the special effects you will want. It is easy to insert music and blend songs together, change volumes on both music and camera, insert text, graphics and even "picture in picture".

Actually your windows media software should have a program called "windows movie maker" which isnt bad for beginers. You may already have that on your computer.

TTracer#22
03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey Tom,

Looks like Ryan will be ready for Alabama

EthansDad
03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Man, Ryan is riding good! I'm sure glad you guys are out of the 50 class :D

I'm just guessing here, but I bet the other folks at ascot park there were not too happy to see Ryan pull up to the gate...he ripped that track!

Ride1Rob
03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2

Actually your windows media software should have a program called "windows movie maker" which isnt bad for beginers. You may already have that on your computer.

That's what I've been using and am very impressed with the setup. Is purchasing another software worth the money over it? Will be pretty ticked to spend $50+ on software and it does pretty much what we already have.

hotquads1
03-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Tom , looks like you have those buys in shape , Ryan looks great , and I have heard Will has also been working hard . See ya at the races .
Marc

thequadfather+2
03-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
That's what I've been using and am very impressed with the setup. Is purchasing another software worth the money over it? Will be pretty ticked to spend $50+ on software and it does pretty much what we already have.

For what you are doing, Movie maker is fine. I used it for several years. Unless you are wanting to do something more, like picture-in-picture or more effects and transitions, It's probably not worth it. I still dont use 90% of the special effects and transitions. I have been playing with the PIP some but it's a little tricky Pinnacle has BG and the ability to take your subject and change the background to something else. It has some serious tools but only necessary if you are looking to mess around with that kind of stuff.

THARNESS
03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the complements. Ryan and Will have both been working really hard this off-season. We had a pretty good scare two weeks ago with Ryan. He dis-located his shoulder again at school playing football at recess. Two weeks worth of dr visits and MRI's and many, many prayers. We just left the ortho dr office an hour ago and Ryan is cleared to go. Two weeks ago the doc said surgury and no race season, but today after the MRI results he said Ryan is good to go. The power of prayer and a positive attitude are unbelivable. We are very excited with the news.
Can't wait to see you all in Alabama.

AK321
03-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey Tom, it is good to hear he is clear for the race season. It is good to have people like you at the track and Ryan is a good kid, nice, polite, and fun to talk to. Good luck and see you at Alabama.:cool:

STOCKRACING917
03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
AK321 been missing you. Can't wait to see you at Pell City. Say hello to your folks for us !!!

Tman Family

AK321
03-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Hello Stockracing917 I will tell them hey for and we will be seeing you at Pell City finally hooray:D

Ryko racing
03-24-2010, 08:18 AM
tom, glad to hear ryan is okay. He looks great on the video, looks like you put him in boot camp ( it amazes me how big these boys get at that age)

we hope to see you all at pell city.