PDA

View Full Version : hows it gonna handle

EXinMB
03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
im gettin a G-force axle and i should have 450r shocks coming anytime now but im running stock a-arms for now. just wonderin if its gonna handle stupid with the axle all the way wide or if i should keep it closer to stock until i get a-arms?
Also im not racing but i like jumpin and track riding what is best +2or +3 and also do i go +1 forward or just wider?

PaRedneckRiders
03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
well i rode a 400 with a wider axle and i liked the fell of it
it didnt have wider a arms but it rode nice
juz try and keep the wheels on the ground it fells really weird if u try and keep it on the side 2 wheels
I had a 660 raptor with i think a +4 or +6 g-force axle idk something like that and it handled ALOT better considering the raptors r a lil top heavy
i had both spacers on the inside of the hub so it was as wide as u could make it

slightlybent47
03-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Stat away from the + 1 forward on the a-arms, I have never done it but everyone has said not to do it. You will lose a small bit of power to the rear wheels when you go wider. Pushing the wheels out, robs power. It’s a very small amount but worth it for the increase in handling.

TRX01
03-09-2010, 03:57 PM
well i have never been aware of arms that ddint come +1 forward....all the ones i see on ebay are +1 forward, all brands too.....

Honda#4
03-09-2010, 04:33 PM
I've never encountered a power loss with my +3+1 arms, if anything the weight of the arms would cuz a loss of power not the position. The +1 position changes the center of gravity of the machine which keeps the front end down and makes cornering more stable.