PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Buy From Golden West Cycles!!!!!!!!!!!

atvrider1013
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
this site is ridiculous. on january 24th i ordered a steering stabilizer for my 300ex. i got it about a week later. i tryed putting it on and the clamp didnt fit around my steering stem since it was to big. i called and they said they would send me out the right one. more than a week later i called again since it didnt come and they said they would send another by UPS so they could track it. another few weeks pass and i call again since i still never got it and they said theyll send another out. that was friday and it still didnt come.im pretty sure they didnt even send any them. any ideas on what to do? do yourself a favor and not get involved with this site. :mad:

atvrider1013
03-13-2010, 09:09 AM
finnaly got it on thursday and installed it. is it supposed to have any play in it?

Sjorge450R
03-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by atvrider1013
finnaly got it on thursday and installed it. is it supposed to have any play in it?

there should be absolutely no play in it.

atvrider1013
03-14-2010, 12:44 PM
this thing didnt come with direction so i cant figure out how to mount it :confused: . If you know how to mount this can you post some directions. thanks

atvrider1013
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
or if anyone can tell me some directions or tips for intalling etc...

guy310
03-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Did you tell them which steering stem you have? I have never had any issues with GWC and have ordered many times.

atvrider1013
03-25-2010, 12:56 PM
well i bought it for a 300ex and i have a stock stem

guy310
03-25-2010, 07:51 PM
but did you tell them thats what you had?

mxrcr103
03-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I also had a bad experience with them last spring. I bought a stabilizer that did not fit on my specified machine. I also bought a front bumper and quad tech hood and nerfs and several other items all on the same order. The hood was suppose to be a white scooped hood but they sent me an old style flat one. The bumper was suppose to be a xc version but they sent me a mx. I was told that the hood I wanted was no longer available so they sent me the only white one they had and the bumper was on back order so they just sent me the mx style. They did not send the stabilizer at all. Finally after a month and a half (honestly) I had recieved everything except the bumper which was still listed on there sight so I demanded my money back on it. For the most part they were all nice but would totally give me the runaround and make me talk to multiple people each time I called. What a bad experience!

Trxman300
04-14-2010, 11:04 AM
so wait a minut, what does the steering stabilizer even do? can someone explain please!! i thought it was pointless and just added weight.....

blaster12s
04-14-2010, 12:49 PM
a stablizer is the single best low cost improvement to your quad you can make. i will never ride without one. the help you not get tired turn faster and keep your hands from gettin ripped off the bars.

RobRacing
04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
The steering stabilizer absorbs all the minute movements your steering stem makes when the suspension is being worked. If you hit a hole it will absorb most of the impact so your arms dont get ripped off the bars. After I installed mine i was able to ride harder into braking bumps because the bars were not jerking so much. If you want to know what your missing just ride a quad with one and then ride yours...you will stop riding and go order one! :)

Trxman300
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
o. looks like something ineed to look into.. im acctually pretty mad about my quad right now... first of all i just put new front shock bushing on the bottom of the shocks and their is still play. like alot of play, enough that it if i pick up the front end, and shake the tire up and down it moves pretty good... so i was wondering if i destroyed the shock where the bushing in.......

and the steering stem bearing is gone too, is that hard to remove and change out? im gunna go look at everything now so i will let you know how it goes. :/

tayyo789
04-19-2010, 09:17 PM
as far as your bushings, check your a arms, and spindles too if they are maybe loose. and the stem bearing will probably be a pain to get out, but it should be done.

Trxman300
04-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
as far as your bushings, check your a arms, and spindles too if they are maybe loose. and the stem bearing will probably be a pain to get out, but it should be done.

alright well me and my friend tiped the quad up on its back and took off the a arms and shocks.... the a arm and shock bushings themselves are perfect because they are brand new but the inside of the a arm and shocks are worn out so the bushings move around. i think its time for some Full Flight a arms and Elka shocks!!!! to bad i dont have the cash...

and you know what i just realized, i always wondered my quad was always breaking and everyone told me i beat it and i really didnt think i did. but they all have 400ex's and for me to keep up with them in the trails, i have to be ****ing hammered on the throttle and throwing it around and that is what it killing it.. only if my dad understood that. he wont let me sell it and get a 400 because he thinks i dont take care of mine which means i wouldnt take care of the 400. BUT if i had the 400 it wouldnt break because i wouldnt stress it so much.. are you guys following me here?