View Full Version : Houston, Texas - Job Offer

Ralph
03-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I just got a very lucrative offer in Houston Texas and I am now looking for housing in the area. The company is located in the north-west region of Houston outside of the belts.

Does anyone know of some nice safe housing in the area? Areas to avoid, etc.

I wanna hear from people in Houston!

Quad18star
03-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Congrats Ralph . I saw it posted earlier today on Facebook ... what type of position?

Ralph
03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks a lot!

The position is Mechanical Engineer in a deep ocean technical Solutions position.

I am still figuring out the details. They told me they were making an offer last friday and I got it today. Very excited. Alyssa (Girlfriend) is excited as well.

honda400ex2003
03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
congrats dude, i cant wait to look for a mechanical engineering job in a few years. steve

Ralph
03-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
congrats dude, i cant wait to look for a mechanical engineering job in a few years. steve

It's nice to have all the work finally pay off

saponi1
03-10-2010, 04:17 PM
right off-hand i can think of the woodlands on 45 north, but i dont know your housing price range. that's a high dollar area. another place you can look is out in katy on the west side. congrats on the job. if i think of any more i'll holla.

saponi1
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
by the way, brush up on your spanish. it'll come in handy.

IcutMetl
03-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I lived outside of Houston for a few years in Kingwood; there, The Woodlands, Katy, New Caney...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few areas I visited and dont' know the area real well, but there has to be resources online where you can check out neighborhoods, schools, general income/living quality, etc. Good luck!

slightlybent47
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I’ve lived here for 50 years and I can help you out. PM me and give me some details of what yore looking for. Price range, where the location of your new job will be, depending on the location of the job, may have a big influence on where you settle down. The traffic can be a ***** if you land in the wrong place.

Congratulations on the new job.

I can hook you up with the racing seen as well.

Ralph
03-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
I’ve lived here for 50 years and I can help you out. PM me and give me some details of what yore looking for. Price range, where the location of your new job will be, depending on the location of the job, may have a big influence on where you settle down. The traffic can be a ***** if you land in the wrong place.

Congratulations on the new job.

I can hook you up with the racing seen as well.

Thanks for the help. I think im gonna try living outside of beltway 8 to avoid traffic. I'm in Germany right now so when I get back I should have a bunch of info waiting for me.

slightlybent47
03-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Ok I’ll PM you my number and you can call me when you get ready. If you want to make a pre trip down here and look around, I can give you the ten dollar tour.