PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Origin for frames.

Quad18star
03-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Do most of you guys have the Certificate of Origin that came with your frames .... if not have any of you tried to get it from the frame builder after buying a hybrid from a private seller?

I'm just curious to know what the process is , and if it was difficult to do.

250Renvy
03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm curious what you need it for? Are you trying to get an ownership for an aftermarket frame?

Does it have a VIN on it? LSR and Laeger have VIN/Frame ID numbers, I've not heard of any Walsh or JB or others that have them so a certificate of origin would be pointless/invalid.

My recent Laeger frame that I bought did not have a Laeger number on it, but I had a bill of sale to show that it was built new.

Quad18star
03-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I'm curious what you need it for? Are you trying to get an ownership for an aftermarket frame?

Does it have a VIN on it? LSR and Laeger have VIN/Frame ID numbers, I've not heard of any Walsh or JB or others that have them so a certificate of origin would be pointless/invalid.

My recent Laeger frame that I bought did not have a Laeger number on it, but I had a bill of sale to show that it was built new.

Just gathering some information as to how someone would get one. I have a friend looking at buying an aftermarket framed quad from the USA , and in order to bring it across and register it , it will need some sort of paper work to show that it's a custom build.