PDA

View Full Version : SEquads race video

thequadfather+2
03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
7-9 junior @ Pell city (Mill Creek).

Just an edit of some race footage from the SEquad race. The helmet cam is on #18 Jordan Carson who ends up crashing. I did this one in a hurry and I've got some video of the 4-7 group but just havent had time to do anything with it yet.
enjoy.

Bruce

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/rotorwashphotos/JordanSEquads.flv">

zach R 7x
03-09-2010, 07:46 AM
who were the 2 kids out front in the holeshot ? track looks nice,we won't see dry ground like that for about 2 months up here in Ohio!

#404's Dad
03-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Wow, I stopped watching at 3:30, the youngster with the helmet cam is gonna at the least hurt himself if not someone else too.

Only my opinion............

edwardsp&b
03-09-2010, 08:33 AM
nice vids quadfather. That HotQuads power was out front in that race. That was Cole Shake with the holeshot on a 90. And 2nd was Ben Kirkland on a Hotquads 70cc. That sucks, all the snow yall have up north. sure hope it will melt by the time nationals hit up there. LOL
bryan

thequadfather+2
03-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by #8trx450r
Wow, I stopped watching at 3:30, the youngster with the helmet cam is gonna at the least hurt himself if not someone else too.

Only my opinion............

you only watched 3 mins and thats what you come up with?

I would like to point out that he has been racing 4 years and has never hit anyone or caused anyone else to crash. He did get tossed off the quad at the end but thats his first crash...ever.

He was off the track several times on the first lap because we just put a new motor in and he missed the practice session.His new malossi kit was a big difference from his stock cylinder. With more power than he was used to he ended up having a heavy thumb in the turns. Plus the dirt was gone and the track was slick, several quads were off the track and spinning out.

If anything it's on me for putting him out there on the quad with absolutely no seat time on that motor. Stock cylinder to Malossi is a huge difference and he figured it out fairly quickly, thats why he was constantly chopping the throttle. It's not even jetted right and the clutch has zero tunning...

I take responsibility for not being ready. He does a pretty good job on the track, I dont think he's gonna get anyone hurt by his own actions.

#404's Dad
03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
you only watched 3 mins and thats what you come up with?

I would like to point out that he has been racing 4 years and has never hit anyone or caused anyone else to crash. He did get tossed off the quad at the end but thats his first crash...ever.

He was off the track several times on the first lap because we just put a new motor in and he missed the practice session.His new malossi kit was a big difference from his stock cylinder. With more power than he was used to he ended up having a heavy thumb in the turns. Plus the dirt was gone and the track was slick, several quads were off the track and spinning out.

If anything it's on me for putting him out there on the quad with absolutely no seat time on that motor. Stock cylinder to Malossi is a huge difference and he figured it out fairly quickly, thats why he was constantly chopping the throttle. It's not even jetted right and the clutch has zero tunning...

I take responsibility for not being ready. He does a pretty good job on the track, I dont think he's gonna get anyone hurt by his own actions.

Sorry man, I wasn't being mean by any means. When I see a kid out of control like that several times in a lap or race it to me is just that "he is out of control" especially to loose it and come back across the track in front of traffic, pretty dangerous for him and the rider/s he went across in front of.

I think your videos are great man and like I said I was not being mean or trying to be disrespectful at all.

thequadfather+2
03-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
who were the 2 kids out front in the holeshot ? track looks nice,we won't see dry ground like that for about 2 months up here in Ohio!

It was Kodi Ward on the far left, Cole Shake on the far right along with Ben Kirkland. Turbo Smith on the red and white quad although he was at a big dissadvantage on his back-up quad because he Broke his other one in the first moto. He is much faster than Jordan.... Just goes to show some kids can still do it with less. One lap and the leaders were gone...

Jordan handles the whoops pretty good and Turbo turns the corner and just casually doubles right back to his rear bumper, patiently follows until he ready to go by.....then it's like he just says ok I am going to go now, see ya.

all those little guys and their parents were a class act, thanks.

hotquads1
03-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Jordan actually rides very well , but the new engine was much more responsive and broke traction much easier than he was accustom too, by the end of the day he was getting the power curve figured out , and some clutching will tame the power and make it more drivable. good vids , keep em coming.

thequadfather+2
03-09-2010, 10:29 AM
"I think your videos are great man and like I said I was not being mean or trying to be disrespectful at all."

#8trx450r, I understand and I am not offended by any means but that first lap was more my fault than his.....He was only off the track twice, those were just filmed from different angles.

He backed off and gave Turbo plenty of room @ 2:15 and ended up running deep in the turn @ 2:33 and again later near the start/finish but wasnt off the track or close to anyone. When him and Turbo was side by side he gave him plenty of room.

No biggie, I just wanted to point out that I think he's pretty good at giving plenty of room most of the time and from his arena cross experience he's comfortable running wheel to wheel with other kids. His new power was the main problem there. That probably wasnt the place to put him on it but I didnt realize the thing wouldnt have any grip either...

1lapdown
03-09-2010, 02:07 PM
crap! You run a Malossi and were middle of the pack on the hole shot? What were those three rockets up front running?

Does anyone know how long that track is? It looks like a one lane autobahn. What ended up being wrong with the quad? It sounded bad at the end.

oh and sorry, I hope your boy is OK. It looked like he just got threw off.

thequadfather+2
03-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 1lapdown
crap! You run a Malossi and were middle of the pack on the hole shot? What were those three rockets up front running?

Does anyone know how long that track is? It looks like a one lane autobahn. What ended up being wrong with the quad? It sounded bad at the end.

oh and sorry, I hope your boy is OK. It looked like he just got threw off.

several things were wrong, stock ignition, sprocket, light rollers ect, ect...Not taking anything away from those three up front because they were fast indeed. I dont think we will ever pull that kind of hole shot.

I dont have any idea how long it was...

EthansDad
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Great video! We where out there last weekend, both of quadfathers boys ran that track very well and rode like riders I'd gate my son with anyday. That track was very slick. It was dry and marbley in places, and wet and slick in others. Ethan slid out a couple times during the race, which he normally does not do either.

Hey, post up the 6& under class video when you can. Those boys had some good bar to bar action out there last weekend!

-EA

dericsdad
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Cool Video! Wish the snow here would melt faster!!

thequadfather+2
03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
I will try and post up what I have of 6 & under class but it wasnt much, I did get a little of Ethan and Brady but I missed the pass Ethan put on Brady both times and Andrew as well in moto 1. Rocket was flat all over Brady at the end of moto 1 and I watched it and didnt get any of it....I swear I'll do better.:D

I will try and finish what I have tomorrow and get it up.

dericsdad
03-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I used to try to video every race of deric, but it is just too hard. You can't watch the race, if your trying to get it on video!
I wish I could get my wife to do it, but she is too scared to even watch anymore.

EthansDad
03-10-2010, 08:34 PM
so true dericsdads! either watch, or record, hard to do both.

Here is a little video we captured of moto 2 in the 6 and under class with Ethan finding himself in a 70cc sandwich aboard his jr stk limited 50. Brady out front, Andrew close behind. some good dog fight action going on. Ethan slides out at the end of this, like I said, very slippery track!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i0mPnVjHPCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i0mPnVjHPCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

tyler70t
03-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Cool video.
You guys have some pretty smooth tracks down there!!!

jerkyboy
03-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Jeff this track will be anything but smooth for the national.
It gets real rough.

Coley'sdad#8
03-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Bruce, feed that boy, he needs some traction:D

thequadfather+2
03-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey Chris, I didnt expect it to be that bad, look at the link. He was blowing the tires off.....drives like crap but it sure looks good...

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0XG7000C000094&po=94&pc=346