PDA

View Full Version : winding noise 06 rancher 400at

danbennettblack
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm getting a pretty nasty winding noise when I try to climb anything steep on my rancher. Anybody know whats going on?? Clutch?? Transmission?

jhoward53
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
It appears that you bought the wrong atv. If you would of went with the can am you would not have this problem. I recently went quadin with a friend that has a honda and he did noting but get stuck and slip his drive belt. If I were you I would concider trading it in for a can am.

Good luck

danbennettblack
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
oh, nice. Hmmm....thanks for the reply, it was very good advice. I went out this morning and bought a crap-am, oops, i mean a can-am. Its no honda, but it definatley beat my friends daughters fisher price quad....by a LONG shot. You should have seen it! When I got home, I parked it out front by the street, and the gosh dang garbage man mistaken it for trash and threw the dang thing out on me! What a day its been!

jhoward53
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd like too see the size of you garbage man!! thats a 700 pound quad! I wouldnt be late on your garbage payment if i were you.

danbennettblack
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Dear Mr. Howard, Can am is one heck of a machine. When i win the lottery I think im gonna buy the can-am and honda factories and start breeding them. It would be one heck of an offspring for sure. I'm only going to make one small change....I'd have to put a sticker recall on all of them and switch them all to read "Dan-Am".

honda400ex2003
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by jhoward53
It appears that you bought the wrong atv. If you would of went with the can am you would not have this problem. I recently went quadin with a friend that has a honda and he did noting but get stuck and slip his drive belt. If I were you I would concider trading it in for a can am.

Good luck

it is a good thing no hondas have any belts to slip. :eek2: That would be your can am sorry. EPIC FAIL for the newbie. the hondas have longitudinally mounted motors for direct shaft drive to the yokes. my moms rancher sounds like a turbo spooling up. It is normal on it, that is an 05 and has about 900 miles on it with no problems. Just how they sound. steve