PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions

450rRacer22
03-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Havent been on the site awhile and lately i've been having a problem deciding on what to buy so i figured i'd hit you guys up for some opinions on what to do. I wanna get back into riding, havent rode for 3 years, used to race mx. I just want a quad for trail riding and right now i can get a 08 ds450x for 5600 OTD. Or i can get a deal on a 07 400ex for under 4000 OTD. Money isnt an issue i just dont know if i need a 450 if im just gonna trail ride. Im just kinda throwin ideas around i'd just kinda like to hear what you guys had to say about it. I'm just worried cuz i had 2 honda 450r's prior to this so i feel if i go to a 400 i'm always gonna be searching for that power that the 450 had. Thanks in advance

J.Brown121
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
i would go with the can-am if it feels comfortable

slightlybent47
03-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Well for me I did the same thing. I wanted a good quad to ride trails with. So I got a 07 ex. Well it wasn’t long when I found out that there wasn’t any trails to speak of anywhere near my house. I wanted the ex because it had reverse and was more dependable then the 450s. Soon I found myself going to the tracks just to have a place to ride. I never wanted to race but here I am doing the racing thing again. I was disappointed at first with the lack of power and the lack of a good suspension. But now with the mods that I’ve done to the ex, I can hang with all the 450s and I beat a lot of them on a regular basis.

I’m at the point now where I love my ex and I’m glad I went with it instead of the 450.

I would also tell you that I was 47 years old when I started back riding and I didn’t think I still had it in me. The only real deference is in stamina, it’s just not what it used to be, but the talent is still there.

Tommy Warren
03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I would suggest the KFX450 it has reverse with the power of a 450 and you can trail, xc, or mx with it.....

eastcoastpro20
03-08-2010, 09:02 PM
dont go with the can-am, ive heard from pretty reputable people tht their a ticking time bomb

450rRacer22
03-09-2010, 07:01 AM
I havent heard a lot about the can ams but what i have heard was always positive feedback. I looked into a kfx450 because your right that would be the perfect machine and i got quoted one of those for about 6 grand OTD for an 09.

I talked to a few other dealers and there gonna look for some 08 z400's/kfx/dvx's that they may still have laying around and get back to me today.