PDA

View Full Version : 300ex sputters

c91x
03-07-2010, 10:05 PM
bought my girlfriend a 1996 300ex... i rebuilt the carb and everythign appeared fine i rode it around the block and it idles and starts perfectly... but when she was out riding it any incline that was more that 20 feet in distance it would start to sputter like it was starving for gas and sometimes die and not start for 20-30 seconds... almost like the float bowl was having to fill back up. same thing happens going over whoops or bumps. any ideas?

440exhondaman99
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by c91x
bought my girlfriend a 1996 300ex... i rebuilt the carb and everythign appeared fine i rode it around the block and it idles and starts perfectly... but when she was out riding it any incline that was more that 20 feet in distance it would start to sputter like it was starving for gas and sometimes die and not start for 20-30 seconds... almost like the float bowl was having to fill back up. same thing happens going over whoops or bumps. any ideas?

i would pull of the bowl and make shure its not sticking at all... make shure its nice and free because thats what it kinda sounds like its doing