PDA

View Full Version : FMF gnarlys for Paul turner mids?

tommygunnz
03-07-2010, 08:26 PM
My friend has Paul turner mids on his spare shee and he said he would trade for my gnarlys I feel the expansion chambers look better on the gnarlys but think the turners are better does anyone know first hand if the turners are better I ride tight trails open trails fields hill climbs and friendly drags

03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Between the two, Paul Turners are definitely the better pipe. But for your type of riding, it sounds like you have a lot of wide-open riding.
You should look more into broad all-across pipes. Fatties, SST's, etc.

I would trade for the Paul Turners since they're worth more and have a real fun play powerband.

tommygunnz
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
thanks for the input

2001warriorman
03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
grab those pts now!! Theyre a GREAT pipe GOBS of bottem to mid and still run good on top. They're worth alot more then gnarlys are imo and a better all around pipe

tommygunnz
04-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I passed them up now they're gone most people say gnarlys are good for the powerband I want and I like them IMO both ptr mids and gnarlys pull hard and are strong pipes but the only shee pipes I rode were those two t5s and stockers I personally felt like the T5s weren't better than ptrs or gnarlys for the powerband I like

2001warriorman
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by tommygunnz
I passed them up now they're gone most people say gnarlys are good for the powerband I want and I like them IMO both ptr mids and gnarlys pull hard and are strong pipes but the only shee pipes I rode were those two t5s and stockers I personally felt like the T5s weren't better than ptrs or gnarlys for the powerband I like

I like the pt's style theyre more unique which I realy like. I think the pt's come on a bit sooner and sign off a bit late where as the gnarlys still come on as soon just not as hard mabey and dont just suddenly fall on their face they gradually sign off. But I haven't had any experience with the gnarlys so I can't say much

tommygunnz
04-04-2010, 01:04 PM
IMO the gnarlys look way better the ptrs dont have the nice expansion chambers on the sides if that means anything

2001warriorman
04-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Ya I know what you mean. To me the ptrs just look unique and I like that but unless you keep them cleaned up and shiny they dont look to good.