PDA

View Full Version : electric issues

ALXKFX450R
03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I was at the track yesterday ran two motos and it ran fine.When I went to start it for the third moto the battery was dead so I bump started it and it ran fine untill it got hot and started cutting up, sputtering real bad, if I wasnt on the throttle it would stall. I checked for fray wires and the ground wire seemed fine.Also I just had my mechanic replace the wireing harness to the TPS,I was told that he was supposed to set some voltage thing. I installed the last battery about a month ago, it has three rides on it,and I kept a battery tender on it 24/7,I hear thats not good to keep it on all the time.Any help would be very great

hondaracer_34
03-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Have you checked the rollover sensor? This is really a Honda based site, to get more Kawi info, this is a great forum to look at..
w w w. k f x 4 5 0 h q . c o m

ALXKFX450R
03-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanx,I've been there. Talked to Dave from DRT and Rich Hetrick today and both said I need a pindle tether and a modded harness

kaw45026
03-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Stator

ish416
03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I had a similar issue with my 450. Couldn't figure it out.

It ended up being the rollover sensor one time, the other time it was a blown fuse.

Does your fuel pump prime when you turn the key on?

ALXKFX450R
03-10-2010, 09:10 PM
yeh, it does prime.I checked my relays there good.I just had the bike powder coated and I think it could have been a bad ground connection. What's your thoughts on that? I just made better connections with my grounds and fully charged my batter.....seems to be running fine now. What seems funny is once I bump started it, it ran ok until it got warm. Any ideas? Thanks for the responses.

gulley421
03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
about a month ago my kfx450 did the same thing, ended up being my tether cord. I disconnected it and it ran fine. But now it will not start again, going to check the roll over sensor tomorrow. These are the times when I miss the good old fashion carburators.

ALXKFX450R
03-28-2010, 07:22 PM
yea how about it. My mechanic said it would cost about $2500 to do the carb mod.But all the trouble I was or still having,was a bad cell in a new battery, I think. I might do the carb mod or just build a damn Honda but I have so much money in my Kawi.I love the way the Kawi handles.Anybody do a carb mod?