PDA

View Full Version : REV box questions

TRX01
03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
id like to get a rev box for my 426ex, whats your favorite box and why?

MidnightBlade
03-07-2010, 07:15 PM
dyna tek its tunable

erik420
03-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I like my procom. Made my 400 have better throttle response. Seems torquier.

TRX01
03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
bump anymore

JOHNDOE83
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Ive tryd several differnt kinds, stock, magnum, big gun, scooter, white brothers.

Out of all the white bros has been the best, they all work good but when hitting that extra 1200rpms they say they give, the others seemed to lag for the higher rpms, the white brothers seems to get up faster and keep going.

Just my opinion.

buck440
03-08-2010, 04:42 PM
why have more rpm's when you make peak hp in the mid or so rpm's not the top as most people believe?? i never really got into the whole rev box deal but isn't it just going to slow you down the higher you climb?

lester985
03-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by buck440
why have more rpm's when you make peak hp in the mid or so rpm's not the top as most people believe?? i never really got into the whole rev box deal but isn't it just going to slow you down the higher you climb? good point im with u

buck440
03-08-2010, 05:15 PM
from my understanding dyna is a programmable tunner so you can choose where you want the power to be unlike a rev box which just gives you a thousand extra rpm's that you'll never reach peak hp at unless you are running a top fuel quad:D sorry to fart in your fan but rev boxes give people false hope just like religion.

400excracer
03-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I like my TC Racing rev box. I could definitely tell the difference in my top end. It is only worth putting one one if you have at least a pipe on your quad.

ricks450
03-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by buck440
from my understanding dyna is a programmable tunner so you can choose where you want the power to be unlike a rev box which just gives you a thousand extra rpm's that you'll never reach peak hp at unless you are running a top fuel quad:D sorry to fart in your fan but rev boxes give people false hope just like religion. dyna is a programmable rev box. rev box's r just like a chip 4 ur car. they have a set iginition timing and rev limit. dyna allows u 2 adjust those 2 get peak performance out of your motor. any of the rev box's u get will change your performance. just depends on where they got it set. that will determine the perfomance level. ur motor mods that u got play a big part n that 2. u put a cam that makes power on the top end. and u get that extra thousand rpm's from a non programmable box it will make a differance. i just dont like the non prog. because u dont no where there set at. i guess u could them but...???? it could also hurt u n certain set up's.

slightlybent47
03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I agree.
The ex is not a high rev motor and the power curve falls off quite rapidly at the upper rpm. Unless your running a drag bike then it’s a waste of money and it will put more stress on it and make your motor wear out faster.

TRX01
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
i got the dyna tek and the throttle response was better but didnt get to actually ride it