PDA

View Full Version : converting bumper pull trailer to gooseneck

racer 557
03-07-2010, 06:47 PM
how hard would this be and how time consuming??

anyone on here every done this??

if so could you post some pics up

derekhonda
03-07-2010, 06:55 PM
You'd be better off just installing a fifth wheel. I know a lot of guys that have just put a ball in their bed.

racer 557
03-07-2010, 07:20 PM
thats what i mean but we were thinking about taking the bumper pull we have now and convert it to a gooseneck (a.k.a. fifth wheel)

moneys tight we dont have the truck to pull big bumper pull trailers but we are hopeing to try to get a like say 26-38 gooseneck but then we thought about taking the trailer we have and adding on couple of feet then making it fifth wheel then the truck we have now pulls it and we save money on trying to get new trailer

BakerRacing40
03-08-2010, 03:24 AM
its all about how you tie it in. what i'd do is start by comparing pics of goosenecks compared to what your starting with. if your bumper pull is not strong enough you might be better off building a completely new trailer. draw your plans, price the steel and price a new trailer and see if its worth all the work or not....

smr
03-08-2010, 07:00 AM
there is a difference between fith wheel and goose neck. I personally like the good neck best. The fith wheel takes up to much room in th ebed.

If your good at fabrocating then I would go for it.

racer 557
03-08-2010, 07:34 PM
well i live practiccally right next to a big iron shop that does custom fab they would probbally give me a really good deal on all the stuff

but now we are also thinking about a gooseneck sprint car trailer so we can have a plateform in rear to raise or lower it as needed and put beds on it