PDA

View Full Version : are these bikes any good?

onzthrottle
03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I heard they have been bought out and there customer (new) customer service is something to be desired. I am courious if there fairly reliable or not. Thanks for any info.

Ride1Rob
03-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Just like all other bikes they have their issues. If you're gonna race MX the swinger will need to be made stronger and stock arms have to be watched. There'll be a fix to this in the coming weeks on some aftermarkets ;) . The stock nerf nets can't be replaced either because of the bar design. Stock 125 motor is not bad the time it lasts but will eventually crap out because of the extra weight on the crank. This can easily be fixed by replacing with one of the solid pit bike motors and there are several to choose from. You can find one of these in a 150cc anywhere from $400-$500. All the issues are easily fixable and for the money you really won't find a better mini. We corrected those issues and this is what we have now... Actually we're better now with a few more goodies to make the bike handle better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cia3HojfERI

onzthrottle
03-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The dealership that used to carry them was making me a little nervous.

My son just turned 5, he has been tooling around on a z50 for a year. He get's agervated with the lack off power/torque when he is on some what of a steep incline and it just won't go up. I was looking to get him a 90. It would not be for racing, just squirreling around.

leager-n-ky
03-11-2010, 04:27 PM
they are the best quads out there if you are just "squirrling around" you wont have any issues that we have had untill they start jumping it. They are low, and wide and have plenty of power. just my my $ .02

bl35
03-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I believe in the machine. we bought one 4 years ago and last summer he found 5 foot jumps and broke some welds.