PDA

View Full Version : need to raise kids nerfs?

vindell
03-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Any experiance or ideas would be appreciated, have nerfs with peg attached. thought about shaving seat foam, will still need more for my little guy.

kfx450
03-07-2010, 03:37 PM
we took an 1in out for our 3 year old last year and it helped alot but he is tall for his age. I have also been told to run a piece of pipe above the frame rails that fits snug inside the nerf bars. you can dill the pipe and use a u bolt on both sides from bottom up. this should give you an extre 3/4 to an inch.

joe0718
03-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I have seen some custom aluminum peg risers that bolt onto the exsisting ones.

jerkyboy
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
joe0718 The ones you saw were made for me out of aluminum. This is another way to go. Ive got a friend that was interested in these but if he doesnt want them there for sale.

vindell
03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
how much rise will I get from these pegs, how much ya want for them?

kfx450
03-07-2010, 05:38 PM
which nerf bars will these work with. They look like they will work with my rath ones but not the xfr nerfs.

jerkyboy
03-07-2010, 06:08 PM
vindell I think there about 1 1/2 higher. These were for a set of
AC nerfs with removable foot pegs. You can see them it the pic.
I think they will also fit with some minor modifactions the fixed
footpeg AC's

coffing918
03-08-2010, 05:23 AM
I have seen alot of kids with thoes,, glad JJ is a big boy and we never needed anything like that,

nitrofish
03-08-2010, 07:52 AM
I use 2x4s cut to length of pegs. I bolt the fan/waterpump side on, using a longer bolt (countersink it) all the way through wood and nerf using original bolt hole. On the cvt side I drill holes through the 2x4s width wise and simply wire on with heavy gauge wire (coat hanger wire works great) around bottom of peg. I do this for quick access to the cvt, just remember to have extra wire at the track. You may have to rotate your kicker up on the shaft to give you room to start and not get hung-up on the wood. I got some anti-slip pads for trailors at walmart in the auto isle, (thick diamond tread pattern rubber) and stapled them on. You get an 1 1/2 more height and a nice wide footbed. They don't move or loosen, once you tighten them down the sharp teeth of the pegs dig into the wood. I like the wood rather than composite for this reason. Jack's have been on for several months, no issues. The best way to shave your seat down is by using an electric knife, cuts the foam like butter. Just don't do what I did. I forgot to clean the knife up and when my wife got it out to cut the turkey, foam fell out of the knife box. Oops. Not happy. You will need an electric stapler to put the seat cover back on. I've been feeding the little dude some of my "Beefcake 2000" weight gainer, but he's still not growing. 40" and 40 lbs. Matt.

nitrofish
03-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Picture

familyof5
03-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Yep, those stilts really do work. Now I know why he always offers the first piece of turkey to someone else!!!!!

nitrofish
03-13-2010, 11:48 AM
I always offer the the turkey to the neighbors first.