PDA

View Full Version : usmc tattoo waiver?

buck440
03-07-2010, 01:27 PM
my friend is wanting to enlist but is worried he won't be able to due to his tattoo's. i know it says in the rules no quarter or half sleeves but yet people still get waivers for half sleeves after the 07 rule change. it not racist or gang related what he has. it's tribal on his upper chest half sleeve both arms and upper back. anybody within the usmc have contacts that could find out? the chest and back don't show on his neck at all.

Stiles86
03-07-2010, 03:35 PM
my understanding is that you cant have anything on your arms or neck to where you can see it with your dress uniform on, and guys that were already in befor the new rules took affect got the waivers as far as getting new waivers for enlistment im not sure but i havnt hurd of it.... we split a reserve center with the marines and i dont see to many tattoos anymore im army thoe so im not sure... talk to a recruiter theyll help out

buck440
03-07-2010, 04:45 PM
yah i knew pree "visible tattoo ban" they were grandfathered in but all i could find was a few people getting post ban waivers due to the peaceful nature of the tattoo. lol i think the army and navy will take anybody with tattoo's as long as you don't rep a swastica on your forehead.

03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
well I never wanted to get a tatoo but if the draft comes into play... I'll get all glow in the dark and be like I cant go out because the enemy will spot me. IDK

LTandRaptorider
03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
well I never wanted to get a tatoo but if the draft comes into play... I'll get all glow in the dark and be like I cant go out because the enemy will spot me. IDK

Or they would take you and your job would be walking point... for a short time. ;)

TRXman86
03-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352

In todays time, there's a "slim" chance you'll even be close enough unless your a grunt, MP, or along that line...

flint250trx
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I know for a fact that the military has chilled out on the tatoo rules and regulations. I have been in the Army for 6 years. and while in Iraq last year I saw all kinds of soldiers with tatoos all over, from fingers to neck. The best way to find out is too gotalk to a recruiter. They will know all the regs. I would day the Corps will probaly be the most laxed on it.