PDA

View Full Version : raising pegs for my four year old

vindell
03-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Any experiance or ideas would be appreciated, have nerfs with peg attached. thought about shaving seat foam, will still need more for my little guy.

RCR_531
03-07-2010, 01:37 PM
At Sumitt I seen that a lot of people had put square tubing on top of the pegs to solve this problem. Some of them had put grip tape on the tubing for traction.

dopeyferree
03-07-2010, 06:24 PM
I switched out the nerfs for the stock floor boards and then took the plastic part off and place a pressure treated 2X6 piece of wood on the metal frame and replaced the top plastic piece. THis worked great until my little guy was tall enough to go back to the nerf bars.

mcwilly
03-08-2010, 10:32 AM
man, I wish you would've posted this a week sooner. I JUST threw away our 'riser' pegs we had for my son's DRR w/ XFR nerfs. What we did was take a 2" tall (roughly 6" long....whatever the length of the footpegs are) piece of aluminum and place it on each side of the foot peg. Drilled holes through the aluminum and nerf foot peg and bolted them on (2 bolts/nuts each). Then we cut spikes on top of each piece to replicate the top of the nerfs foot peg for the boots to grip.
Kenny Vauhgn (K-fab) made them for us. Took him all of 10 minutes to make. Then I just spray painted them black. I'll see if I can find any pictures of them.

EDIT: Here's a pic where you can kinda get an idea. I just saw your other thread in the DRR section...it's similar to the first one's pictured in that thread....just reversed.
http://images.quickblogcast.com/6/0/4/4/6/174746-164406/Attachment6.jpg