PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pappy!

400exboy2
03-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey Pappy!

Do you still do stuff on cars and trucks? I have polished aluminum wheels on my truck right now, and was thinking about getting them power coated black. And also I want to get my chrome bumpers powercoated black if thats possible. I dont know how the chrome would affect the process or not, But worse case is I can buy a new front bumper in black. I would still have to get it powercoated though, because Im looking for a glossy black look. Now the back bumper as far as I know and looked doesnt come in black, thats why I was asking.

Are you all still in WV? If so im only about 25min, if that, away from you. I go to school at James Rumsey. Maybe one day I could meet up with you, and we could talk in person about it. I can bring the truck to you, and you could give me your opinion on it.

Thanks Pappy!

Very very nice work by the way on everything you've done. I havent been on here recently because of the weather, and saw alot of new and nice looking stuff you did.

400exboy2
03-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I also might be bringing my a-arms off my fourwheeler to get powercoated.

Pappy
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
If the bumpers are chrome now, I really wouldnt want to mes with them. You can coat over chrome but its a gamble

400exboy2
03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Allright then, thats no biggie, Ill just buy a new black bumper. I need to get a new front one anyway cause of the deer.:mad: You could do the the wheels though? I didnt know how all that would work with them being polished aluminum. For the back bumper I guess I could go get it sand blasted and the chrome stripped off? Its a steel chrome bumper, but Its not like the "true" chrome if you know what I mean. Thanks!

Pappy
03-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Trying to sandblast chrome is an excercise in futility:p

Yes the rims can be done, I just have to check them to see if they have a clear coat or not before I can price them out

400exboy2
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Allright thats no biggie. Do you just want me to come up there sometime and you can take a look at them?

Pappy
03-10-2010, 05:06 PM
yeah thats fine, just get ahold of me to make sure i will be here