PDA

View Full Version : Lost nuetral?!?!?

CTC B4Z
03-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Riding today, I tried to hit N, I knew it was in, but the green light didnt light up. Shut it down, did some shooting, went to start her up, she wouldnt crank over cause the green light wasnt on, but she was indeed in nuetral. I shifted it, rolled it around a few times, hit N again, still nothing... Bulb was fine, so I just pulled clutch and started her... I got home some hours later, rode around and it was fine.... Any ideas?

clemsonteg
03-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Maybe the switch itself is going bad, the switch is what tells the bulb to come on in the first place

trailrider894
03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
i think that there is a cable of some sort that plugs into the crankcase on the left side that is for the neautral switch... check to make sure it is still plugged in? i could be totally mistaken here...

CTC B4Z
03-06-2010, 06:33 PM
ill take a look, thanks

clemsonteg
03-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah I would think either the switch is going bad, maybe a loose ground wire or broken wire. I think usually switches like that work that on one side of the bulb you have voltage and the switch actually makes the ground in the circuit. So if the connection is loose or broken that would cause it not be properly grounded and not illuminate the bulb as well as tell the bike that its actually in neutral.

CTC B4Z
03-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea I kno if the bulb is out, it wont pick it up, but i checked it, its fine and now it lights up.

Exrider434
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
i think that there is a cable of some sort that plugs into the crankcase on the left side that is for the neautral switch... check to make sure it is still plugged in? i could be totally mistaken here...

this, def is your problem