PDA

View Full Version : Shee wont rev up

CTC B4Z
03-06-2010, 04:45 PM
MY buddies Banshee wont rev up, but it will idle all day long. He had it sitting for a week or two. He said it didnt shake the quad before he started it, to mix the oil that settles... so we pulled that fuel out, put some fresh fuel in, that was a lower ratio, but nothing. I dropped the bowls and the floats are good and clean. However, while idling, this thing will spit out black oil... Everytime we pull the plugs they are wet with oil... I cant believe he over mixed that much... we had it running today for about 45 mins, taking the plugs out every 15 to clean them. Even with the plugs out, the cylinders pour out smoke!!! But ater gapping the plugs to .07, and cleaning them, you can hold the throttle down and it wont rev up.... any ideas?

honda rider118
03-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Ok, well take out the plugs and if they are black and wet, it's running rich. you really want them to be a goldish brown color. So you want the bike to run leaner because it is getting too much fuel. try changing the plugs first and if that doesn't work try turning the air screw a 1/4 of a turn. Tell me if any of those work.

CTC B4Z
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
unplugged the parking brake... runs great now... stupid TORS

dmfisher71
04-02-2010, 09:27 PM
like the last post i would unplug the parking brake, or cut the wires and tie the together. or you can get a T.O.R.S. system eliminator kit on ebay for around $50 that comes with the new throttle cable. the T.O.R.S. system is the big boxes on top of the carbs.