PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Axcailbar Axle Help

honda4traxx87
03-06-2010, 03:10 PM
I bought a Lonestar Axcailbar axle from a friend, got it re-chromed and I went to put it in my 250R and it fits and all but i was wondering if I need a anti fade nut or can I use the stock lock nut? I dont think I can use the stock one because it has splines on the inside of the stock lock nut and the axle is smooth...What should I do?!

addictedtomud
03-06-2010, 03:18 PM
That LSR axle should accept the stock locknut. You should not have to use an anti-fade. The LSR axle should push into the carrier far enough to expose the splines on the right side. Is your sprocket hub right up against the carrier (almost touching)? If not, you're not in far enuff...

TORNADO
03-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, you shouldnt "have to" use the anti-fade locknut, but you might want to. Because the stock locknut often loosens up, no matter what you do (lock-tight, tape, chewing gum, snot, welding, whatever). It should fit though, none the less.

honda4traxx87
03-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by addictedtomud
That LSR axle should accept the stock locknut. You should not have to use an anti-fade. The LSR axle should push into the carrier far enough to expose the splines on the right side. Is your sprocket hub right up against the carrier (almost touching)? If not, you're not in far enuff...

its about a half inch away from being fully snug unless thats the way its supposed to be