PDA

View Full Version : Running for Congress in Indiana

ewathen
03-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone,

I tried this on the open forum, but thought you all might be a better target audience since we all have jobs and families to support.

My name is Eric Wathen, I have been a member on here for many years. I have been riding ATV's since I was 9. My three oldest boys ride with me now and our 4th will when he gets old enough. I have talked with quite a few of you in this mini forum area and have appreciated your help.

I am running for the US House of Representatives in Indiana's 4th Congressional District and would like to ask you for your support.

Please check out my website:

www.ericwathenforcongress.com

You can find my thoughts on many of the issus by clicking here:

http://www.ericwathen.com/?page_id=34

It is time for people, that know what it is like to work everyday to support their family, to have a voice in Washington and I want to be that voice.

If you have any questions please contact me through the campaign website and I will be happy to get back with you.

Thanks!

Eric

Nichols Atvs
03-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Good Luck!!!:macho :macho

mini racer #39
03-06-2010, 09:44 PM
What are your plans for the Lead Ban...This has been a major issue for us as youth parents and riders. I know locally we had not seen anything about it until we called the local paper last year. The ban will have a major impact on many small business in Indiana. Just wondering what your feelings are about this. :confused:

ewathen
03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
The lead ban is a good example of bureaucrats out of control. Common sense should prevail in this issue. Congress could pass a bill exempting atvs and dirt bikes from the lead issue. It just takes people that understand how insane something like this is. I would work to build a group of Congressmen to help forward the concerns and rights of off road enthusiasts like us. It is not just the lead issue, but land use rights also. Public lands should be availble for all to enjoy. Closing trails and public areas to off road vehicles should be stopped.

I encourage everyone out there that reads this to truely look at who you are voting for and get involved in the primary elections this year. If you think we are on the wrong path, get involved and make a differnce.

Eric

LT80
03-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I think it would be great to have a quad friendly person in congress!

We need...Line item veto's IMO.

Good luck sir.