PDA

View Full Version : Need a measurement

CJM
03-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Im needing the measurement of the steering stem bracket since im welding my new one in tomorrow.

What I am looking for is to verify if 6 1/4 or 6 3/8 inches is from the stem bracket to the front end of the frame tube near the bumper. Cause I just measured my friends 05 and we come up with 6 3/8 vs mine which is an 00 and seems to be 6 1/4. I really doubt that extra itty bit matters, but still.

Your measuring from the round part of the flange above the small weld. See picture..

Thanks.

bigbad400
03-07-2010, 08:12 AM
it wont matter were you put it i have a friend that moved his back an inch so it would stand his bars up straighter

CJM
03-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Thats what I was worried about overall.

I figured side to side being off about an 1/8 of an inch wouldnt matter either.

Was just worried about it, cause of course ya fear if you fix stuff like this it wont turn out right.

CJM
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Total success, its welded and I doubt its going anywhere.

I wish we coulda used some gas when welding it, but such as life. The welds turned out pretty good and strong. Strong is better anyday than good looking.

I commenced finishing up misc stuff that needed to be done since Im rebuilding most of it.

Everything went pretty good till I hit taking off the old header. Shame one of the studs snapped.. Ugh..