PDA

View Full Version : Bull Gap Mio Michigan

RNL
03-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Just wondering if anyone ever rides up there, thinking about going near the end of April. This will be our first trip there.

STILLinFRONT
03-13-2010, 10:42 AM
The best trails in Michigan. I go at least 4 times a year.

2 gas staions on the trails, fast routs if you need to find gas fast, lots of hills, and even a hill climb/dragrace.

Print off some trail maps.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

RNL
03-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Sounds cool. Thanks for the info, is it a wise idea to have paddles, I know theres lots of sand. Would a 400ex and Raptor 250 be able to climb the hill?

STILLinFRONT
03-13-2010, 05:19 PM
If you are only going to Bull Gap Hill, paddles are OK, but lots of rocks on the trails, they will chew up your paddles.

The hill is long and sandy, not very steep. A 400ex will struggle to get out of 2nd gear up it. A raptor 250 should make it up also.

juice420
03-14-2010, 03:31 AM
Yeh Ive been to Bull Gap, we got property up north near South Branch. To be honest, the first time i went it was not what i expected. I also heard there was a hill climb, so i was like hell yeh!!! But its not that big of a hill, i thought it was going to be bigger. The trails on the other hand are really good. You can ride em for days and not see the same trail. (although i wouldnt recommend it lol) About the paddles, you really shouldnt need them i have a kfx 400 with the stock tires and it was fine. Also, its really bumpy sand, not real smooth. But i dont know it might have been because we went later in the year, like end of July after everybody had pounded the place to oblivion lol. Another thing is the place is like impossible to find, we had a map and it was still like searching for Shangri-La. Hope this helps and happy riding.

curryd
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
I ride this trail system around twice a month. Good system. Hill really isn't that great. Its whooped out about halfway up. It used to be a big attraction when it was smooth. 6 years ago, it would take 30 minutes to wait your turn to go up it. Easily 300 or 400 machines there on the major weekends. DNR shut down the drinking and partying so it has lost the people going there. Probably for the better. Tight trails that are whooped out as well as some really tight technical trails. Part of the system is on snowmobile trails that are nice and twisty. South Branch trail is the best twisty trail, and tight technical trails are best around the Pink Store and north. It connects to the Meadows trails as well. Same type of riding. Definitely worth the trip.