PDA

View Full Version : drr 70 cvt

ultramax29
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
i was told that you could tightrn the cvt to make the cvt operate a little quicker for better acceleration out of corners. can anyone tell me if this is possible and maybe what i need to do

Logan #34's Dad
03-06-2010, 04:37 AM
You cannot tighten the cvt. If you want it to come out of the corners better you could go up in teeth on the rear sprocket. If you are set on the sprockets then lower your variator weight.

ultramax29
03-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Could u tell me what the variator is

Logan #34's Dad
03-06-2010, 05:11 AM
The variator is the front clutch that the belt rides in. It is under the belt cover that the kicker is attached to. There are six rollers inside of it, they weigh "X" - you need to get a small digital scale and weigh each of those rollers. If they weigh 4.5 grams, go to 4.0.
I/we assume everyone knows the basics - Most people on here will help you - but remember, everyone has an opinion and not everyone knows what they are talking about.
I will tell you if certain people know what they are talking about, just PM me. Heck, I'll say it right here - I ain't scared. LOL

ultramax29
03-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Appreciate your help

thequadfather+2
03-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I will go ahead and say it....I dont know what I am talking about. But I know who to call:devil:

STOCKRACING917
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Always new things to learn Quad Father :)

Wisdom comes with age !! BTW the boys looked good this weekend. See ya'll soon.

thequadfather+2
03-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by STOCKRACING917
Always new things to learn Quad Father :)

Wisdom comes with age !! BTW the boys looked good this weekend. See ya'll soon.

It was good to see yall, I didnt see T-man but once on the track when his seat popped off.

We had fun, but left injured and broke. Jordan got tossed off his quad chasing Turbo Smith (hurt his shoulder) then broke the tranny.

See you in a couple weeks, drag chuck with you on the next trip, I know he's got his new parts ready....

STOCKRACING917
03-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Count Chuck in...He is at bike week this week but they are ready to go....Great bunch of ppl. Looking forward to it.

bulldogfallon
03-08-2010, 07:37 PM
There are a few basic variables that could be affecting your pull out of the corners:

Clutch shoes too weak/clutch stall
Rollers vs torque spring ratio
Sprocketing
Engine/Pipe Combo (power range)

I would say the best bet is to get someone knowledgable on the phone and allow them to get all the required info that is needed to make a proper recomendation.

Without knowing what you are running in your current CVT and Engine/Pipe combo it would be hard to say what will be the most effective improvement with the least amount of $$$$.

If you get advice I suggest that you ask "why" and make sure the advice can be backed by a theory....not "because my buddy at the track said so" :)

The CVT is a "mathematical" design that is usually easier to grasp (after a good talk), but always a formidable opponent when it comes to taking the theory and making it work with a 2 stroke engine and child.

My phone is on if you would like to get some info..There are some other knowledgable guys here too...just wanted to extend the offer if you need the help.

Good Luck