PDA

View Full Version : Is this the For Sale forum?

destey
03-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Wow its gotten cluttered up with advertisements

Honda5
03-05-2010, 04:17 AM
I like it this way. I don't have to go looking around to find the nice 250r parts because the seem to show up here.

muddymess
03-05-2010, 04:57 AM
I like having the stuff here because this is the forum i have bookmarked. If something i wanted was posted in the for sale forum I probably wouldn't see it since i just come strait here. Also posting WTB stuff here gets a lot more responses.

Fear250r
03-05-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm with you guys. I like being able to come right here and see what somebody has for sale.

morse250r
03-05-2010, 07:15 AM
me too

03-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Count me in. I like coming to the 250R forum to buy and sell things.

So destey, to answer your question, yes this is the 250R for sale forum.

steve250r
03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
I like the for sale ads too. Keep it this way!

atvmxr
03-05-2010, 07:38 AM
+1

:)

C-LEIGH RACING
03-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Heres how you got to look at it.
Just about everyone that will come to this TRX250R forum, are more or less 2 stroke die hards or love & respect the ol 250R enough that this forum is just about all they care to view.

I guess some of the reason for that is, we, as a whole group are kinda cramed off into a corner, somewhat kicked to the side by the so called high tech new age production 4 stroke people.

But realy though, that dont bother us that much, because we can sit back & gloat when our ol 2 smokers are still running & have been for a few years & the high tech new age production 4 strokers are sitting, because it blew up after about 3 or 4 races & the owners now dont have the thousands of dollars to get it fixxed so they can race again.

With that being said, we just kinda stick to ourself, our own little world here & not many notice us untill they hear that high pitched whine comming from a pipe & we sail past them like they are stuck in first gear.

So, thats the reason you see for sale stuff here, we just keeping it in our little world, a place were there are some people that respect a quality product.
:D ;) Neil

protrax
03-05-2010, 07:55 AM
+1 Lets keep it this way

86 Quad R
03-05-2010, 07:55 AM
hey!! i'm in too. tough weeding through the 4-sale section with all the 4 poke stuff in the mix.

CHAR250R
03-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Leave it the way it is. Me like! :D

steve250r
03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Nicely put Neil!

The only thing I don't like is these for sale ads end up costing me a lot of money. Just when I think I'm done buying parts something I like gets listed and I can't pass up! If it was in the for sale forums I'd never see it. Oh well, good group of guys on this forum.

cdrookie
03-05-2010, 09:25 AM
guess i'm the odd man out, but i don't like it. if they had a sub forum---> for sale, that'd be great, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. i come here either looking for info or trying to help someone out.
then i go to the for sale forum and look for deals. too many variables to just look here for parts, with cross compatability, and hybrids, there's alot of good stuff that would never make it's way into the 250r forum. it's like going to walmart and them putting stuff where ever, auto parts in the groceries, clothes in subway...have to go through the entire store to find what you're looking for.

red88r
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I love it the way it is. Otherwise you have to go in the for sale section, then you have to go to the Honda section, then you have to do a search for 250r stuff. Love having it here, gets way more exposure here. Seems I end up spending more money though!!! Just my $0.02.

1promodfan
03-05-2010, 12:28 PM
If it ain't broke........don't fix it!! Leave it just like it is.:D

312R1
03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
If it ain't broke........don't fix it!! Leave it just like it is.:D

+1..I hate trying to find what I'm looking for in the forsale section because of all the 4 poker parts.

01shee
03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I like it this way. A sub forum would be even better. Like the hybrid section has. Some one has the power to make it happen.

C-LEIGH RACING
03-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Lets not push it to much, cause we're lucky to have this little place we got here.
We go to stiring up a lot,, powers might step in & deleat the for sale.
Neil

bloodswet&gears
03-05-2010, 10:21 PM
i vote to keep it the way it is also. i hate weeding through the 4stroke stuff in the classifieds.

LONG-ROD
03-06-2010, 01:32 AM
leave it.....

jcs003
03-06-2010, 04:51 AM
majority rules. democracy is great.

Honda 250r 001
03-06-2010, 09:17 AM
I do think that a sub forum "trx 250r for sale" would be nice. But it works just fine the way it is! Yes, this is a for sale/help forum.

norcalduner
03-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I vote to leave it the way it is as I like keeping it all to "ourselves" haha:D

bill wright
03-07-2010, 05:34 AM
personally, i dont evan go over there, i got tired of clicking on "honda" listings just to find its for a 400 or 450, not to mention when i do find something ,scrolling through all the "bump" just to find its sold. i only look in this forum for parts. am i missing out? probably, but not worth the aggrivation to me

Ruf Racing
03-07-2010, 05:41 AM
I works just fine, the way it is! :D

croat1
04-12-2010, 07:54 AM
welll i finally got around to posting some items for sale last night. found that my threads were moved to the for sale section. i personally don't like searching page after page of 400ex/450r parts just to find 250r parts.

destey
04-12-2010, 08:17 AM
I've gone over to the other site, I'm an organized person, like things to be in there place. It takes the admin 5 mouseclicks to make a subforum.

to each there own. i like organization, things to be where they should. i like how the other site has that.

croat1
04-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by destey
I've gone over to the other site, I'm an organized person, like things to be in there place. It takes the admin 5 mouseclicks to make a subforum.

to each there own. i like organization, things to be where they should. i like how the other site has that.

i agree with you 100 percent. i guess i will just post in the for sale section on the other site. don't fell like bumping the list everyday

86 Quad R
04-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by destey

and isnt the "other site" a 250r specific? if so, it stands to reason and isnt cluttered with other make/model parts as it is here. i'm of the opinion that we need a 250r specific sale section here or to simply keep it here in the 250r area as its been for years. :cool:

destey
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
and isnt the "other site" a 250r specific? if so, it stands to reason and isnt cluttered with other make/model parts as it is here. i'm of the opinion that we need a 250r specific sale section here or to simply keep it here in the 250r area as its been for years. :cool:

Yep, if you want to find a part, you go right to the "for sale" section and there are a bunch of parts. If you have trouble with your motor you can browse or search that particular section. No sifting through, you use the facets to go right where you think something should be and its right there. And if you need to search you don't get some error about your search string <4 characters

Plus a lot of the guys I looked to for help here are also there. I've been 90% over there and I check back here when I get an email saying one of the threads I started has a reply.

This site is mainly for 400ex riders anyways, "exriders.com" so it only makes sense.

Scro
04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Lets not push it to much, cause we're lucky to have this little place we got here.
We go to stiring up a lot,, powers might step in & deleat the for sale.
Neil

It's been a pet peeve of mine for years, having to wade through all the 250r classifed ads in this section. And now as a mod, I took the action to clean this forum up. That's my perspective as a person that wants to come to this forum to read tech info, and learn more about a machine that I don't know much about. Out of respect for the members that had multiple responses already in this forum, I left them to run their course, as I didn't want to interfere with the transaction, cause a sale to fall through, etc. But anything that didn't have a response, I moved to the for sale section. Some of which had been in this section for a couple days without a response. Once moved to the for sale section, had a response by the end of the day.

Looking at it through the eyes of someone that owns a 250r, who is trying to sale parts on a forum that is geared mostly toward the new wave of four strokes, I can see where it would be a hassle to sort through all the "450" classifieds to buy/sell 250r parts.

I don't have the ability to create a sub-forum, but I do believe a stickied classified thread would keep this section organized from both perspectives. What are your thoughts on that?

Jonny B
04-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Scro, If you are talking about a sticky like the hybrid section on here then I vote NO. I dont think people will want to seach through there to try and find a part. I agree with you that people will have good luck selling parts in the "Honda parts for sale" section. If I have something I want to sell then I will post it there...

C41Xracer
04-12-2010, 10:13 AM
a sticky for sale wont work, its cluttered. It needs to be a sub forum, going to the forsale section is a pain. There are a pile of 450 parts and having to dig is a head ache

croat1
04-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
majority rules. democracy is great.

scro: not to start anything but......you did not like the way we did things in this forium so once you become a mod you change it?
great that you wanted to learn stuff about a great quad but i think it should have been left alone.

you yourself state how this will be a hassle for the 250r owner

steve250r
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Seems like a step backwards for the 250R forum. The majority of the people who commented on this subject in the past wanted to keep the classifieds in this section. I know I personally never look at the general honda for sale section, way to many 450r/ 400ex parts to go through for me that I have no interest in. I have this forum bookmarked and like making it my one stop for parts and knowledge.

Scro
04-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by croat1
scro: not to start anything but......you did not like the way we did things in this forium so once you become a mod you change it?
great that you wanted to learn stuff about a great quad but i think it should have been left alone.

you yourself state how this will be a hassle for the 250r owner

It's not just because I don't like it. I'm sure I'm not the only person that comes to this forum and doesn't like seeing all the classified ads (hence the start of this thread). In my mind, something needs to be done, I just don't know what. That's why I wanted to get your opinion instead dictatorially making a decision. In the end, you are the ones that need to be happy with the board, or like many of you have said, you will just go elsewhere. I know sub-forums aren't very popular on these boards.

The problem I forsee with sub-forums or a stickied thread is people that frequent the YFZ forum, or 450r forum will want their own sub-forum. And I can tell you that's not going to happen.

C41Xracer
04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I liked it the way it was. Post a poll that should solve it

Pappy
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
I like the sub forum idea...i will see what we can do. That kind of solves all the issues. The other models types have sections devoted to the brand so that should be enough to satisfy anyone who has a whhhaaaaburger and frenchcries fit

trx310R#24
04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Scro
It's not just because I don't like it. I'm sure I'm not the only person that comes to this forum and doesn't like seeing all the classified ads (hence the start of this thread). In my mind, something needs to be done, I just don't know what. That's why I wanted to get your opinion instead dictatorially making a decision. In the end, you are the ones that need to be happy with the board, or like many of you have said, you will just go elsewhere. I know sub-forums aren't very popular on these boards.

The problem I forsee with sub-forums or a stickied thread is people that frequent the YFZ forum, or 450r forum will want their own sub-forum. And I can tell you that's not going to happen.

sub forums for every bike would take 10 min to set it up =p your a mod an u dont know this?

Pappy
04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
sub forums for every bike would take 10 min to set it up =p your a mod an u dont know this?

1. We arent doing it for every model

2. Mods do not have access to edit the forum structure

cdrookie
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
it takes 15 sec to scan a page of the "honda for sale forum". i see 250r in the title and click on it. don't click on the 450r/400ex threads, nobody is forcing you to.

you scan through this forum, for parts for sale, same as you would in the honda for sale forum. only difference is that you look for "for sale" here, and "250r" over there.

rules are rules. people who don't like posting or checking the "for sale forum" sound just plain lazy to me. do you shop at the grocery store? how do you like walking past all those items you don't want, just to get at what you do want?

Scro
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
it takes 15 sec to scan a page of the "honda for sale forum". i see 250r in the title and click on it. don't click on the 450r/400ex threads, nobody is forcing you to.

you scan through this forum, for parts for sale, same as you would in the honda for sale forum. only difference is that you look for "for sale" here, and "250r" over there.

rules are rules. people who don't like posting or checking the "for sale forum" sound just plain lazy to me. do you shop at the grocery store? how do you like walking past all those items you don't want, just to get at what you do want?

:cool: LOL, that's what I meant to say. Maybe I'm being too nice as a mod.:p

Also, the search features works great for finding all of the 250r parts threads in the for sale section, and only takes a couple seconds (Click search, type 250r, choose Honda parts for sale, and click search...very easy). Now that I've seen how good that works, I'm leaning more towards putting all the threads in the for sale section.

86 Quad R
04-12-2010, 02:44 PM
:cool: LOL, that's what I meant to say. Maybe I'm being too nice as a mod.:p

Also, the search features works great for finding all of the 250r parts threads in the for sale section, and only takes a couple seconds (Click search, type 250r, choose Honda parts for sale, and click search...very easy). Now that I've seen how good that works, I'm leaning more towards putting all the threads in the for sale section.

leaning? lol from this perspective it would appear that ya've already fell over into it.

thanks destey. :ermm:

troybilt
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm probably not going to lose any sleep over it either way, but I preferred the old way, mostly from a standpoint I've been on here long enough now, that the only guys/gals that posted 250r stuff forsale in the 250r section were people you could generally trust !

...not so much in the general Honda forsale section... there has been more than a few scammers that show up over there...

But to each his own, if it makes someones life/job a little easier to keep the forsale stuff in one section, so be it... its not that big of a deal.

Scro
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I started moving threads the day I became a mod...this thread had nothing to do with it. In fact, today was the first day I saw it.

For the majority of you that say this is your one-stop-shop for 250r parts, you're wrong. There are plenty of 250r classified ads in the classified Honda section. Those of you who don't visit that section would never see them.

If Pappy wants to make a sub-forum, that's fine. That would solve the issue. But just remember that if all threads were in the classified Honda section, you would get the exact same results ,and then some , as you would out of a sub-forum. The difference in getting those results? Two clicks, type four letters, and choose from a drop down list...just in case a subforum isn't implimented.

slamdak8782
04-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I like the sticky idea. It wouldnt take long for it to catch on and it could be put in the other sections relatively easy. It is a pain to sort through, but either way I love this site and I'll still be happy either way. But it presents a problem because then if you want to search all youll be looking through a lot more stuff. Maybe just a sticky in the 250r stuff until everyone else requests it.

Pappy
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM
The only problem with a sticky for just for sale stuff is it isnt very organized.

A sub forum within this section would allow individual threads, easy to sort through etc.

Id say it is the best way to meet in the middle for all involved.

86 Quad R
04-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
The only problem with a sticky for just for sale stuff is it isnt very organized.

A sub forum within this section would allow individual threads, easy to sort through etc.

Id say it is the best way to meet in the middle for all involved.

i like the way this cat thinks. :) make it so Pappy. :cool:

1promodfan
04-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Well not that my 2cents really count, but I thought it was O.K. for guys to post "classified" ads in the 250R section. It seems to me that only a "few" cry-babies had a problem with it. So now its gonna be changed just because a small number of people didn't like it.

Thats one of the main reasons I go to net.......(and ain't that pathetic) you can't even type the site's address because (I guess) its a little competition.:eek2:

Also there is that I go to the most. So if I ever become a mod, I guess I can just go around making changes and moving threads ever how I want to. Like I said, its just my 2cents. I was O.K. with it the way it was........:confused:

***We dont allow crosslinking to any site***

Aceman
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
I like the subforum idea also.

Seems like there are crybabies crying about the crybabies who want it.......How do you like that? Pot calling the kettle.....

If it only takes a few minutes for admin to make a subforum, that clearly makes more sense than having every single person spend a minute or two searching the main for sale section for 250r specific parts every single time.

Scro
04-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Well not that my 2cents really count, but I thought it was O.K. for guys to post "classified" ads in the 250R section. It seems to me that only a "few" cry-babies had a problem with it. So now its gonna be changed just because a small number of people didn't like it.

Thats one of the main reasons I go to net.......(and ain't that pathetic) you can't even type the site's address because (I guess) its a little competition.:eek2:

Also there is that I go to the most. So if I ever become a mod, I guess I can just go around making changes and moving threads ever how I want to. Like I said, its just my 2cents. I was O.K. with it the way it was........:confused:

It is what it is. The rules are the same for every section. This one is no different.

C-LEIGH RACING
04-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Scro,
What type of 4 wheeler you got ??.

What ever Pappy desides to do or maybe Harlans thoughts, if he has time to even look at this, thats what I'll go with.
I'm just glad to have a section at all for the ol 250R & red headed step childern like myself that go there :p .
Thanks Pappy.
Neil

Scro
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Scro,
What type of 4 wheeler you got ??.

What ever Pappy desides to do or maybe Harlans thoughts, if he has time to even look at this, thats what I'll go with.
I'm just glad to have a section at all for the ol 250R & red headed step childern like myself that go there :p .
Thanks Pappy.
Neil

450. What does that have to do with anything? I've already explained why I read up in here.

Fear250r
04-14-2010, 10:07 AM
450. What does that have to do with anything? I've already explained why I read up in here.

Sounds like he was simply asking....... :ermm:

Scro
04-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Sounds like he was simply asking....... :ermm:

That's fine if he was curious, but I'm pretty sure he was asking that because he is wondering why I am even worrying about this section.

I hate that I've been made out to be the bad guy in this situation, but like I said, this has been something that has bugged me for years. Not just in this section, but others as well.

Fear250r
04-14-2010, 10:42 AM

I hate that I've been made out to be the bad guy in this situation,

I'll be honest, I think that ship sailed.....

Honestly, to me, the whole thing sounds like government b.s. You don't know what's good for you, but we/I do.

Just my .02

Scro
04-14-2010, 11:50 AM
The rules are very simple to follow. This is the tech/info section. There is a section for classified items. The classified don't belong in the tech/info/discussion section, whatever you want to call it. If 250r classified subforum isn't created, it takes two seconds to search.