PDA

View Full Version : Brake help.

trx400Rider
03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
The brake hub on my 400 is lose, it wobbles side to side, and front to back on the axle. Do I need a new hub for the rotor? I see theres anti-fade locknut hubs, but I dont want to spend 230$ And I hear they dont always keep tight like they say there suposed to. What should I do? Buy a new stock brake hub, and a locking axle nut. Would that work?
I was suposed to go riding this weekend and found out it wobbles way to much, I tryed tightining the axle nut up, but that didn't do anything.. I dont know what to do. please help.

JOHNDOE83
03-04-2010, 09:10 PM
theres 2 big nuts you have to tightin on the axel.... use lock tight or if you need a quick fix tightin it up then use electrical tape and wrap the whole axel nut area....mines lasted over a year with elec tape...lol.

the thin nut goes against the brake hub and the thicker one presses against the axel lock ring thing ....I think? it has been over a year since ive had to tightin or remove my axel.

use a big pipe wrench if you dont have a wrench that fits, and just roll the quad forward or backward to tightin either nut.

mineralgrey01gt
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM
anti-vibe is a huge improvement over stock lock nuts IMO. I loved mine and will buy another for 400

aDviSol2y
03-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
theres 2 big nuts you have to tightin on the axel.... use lock tight or if you need a quick fix tightin it up then use electrical tape and wrap the whole axel nut area....mines lasted over a year with elec tape...lol.

the thin nut goes against the brake hub and the thicker one presses against the axel lock ring thing ....I think? it has been over a year since ive had to tightin or remove my axel.

use a big pipe wrench if you dont have a wrench that fits, and just roll the quad forward or backward to tightin either nut.

The thin nut is tightened up against the larger nut to keep it from twisting out, not tightened up against the brake hub.

trx400Rider
03-05-2010, 02:04 PM
ok I called my dealer and he said its the bearings in the swing arm. My axle does have a slight amount amount of movement. Very little though. But I dont think new bearings are going to tighten up my rotor hub. What do you guys think? Right now I'm pissed and very confused, lol.. Im new to these straight axle quads. And they seem alot more complicated than a IRS utility quad..