PDA

View Full Version : which would you guys pick

TeamC&GRacer
01-25-2003, 11:06 AM
i have a choise to get either TCS Zps shocks, or PEP mimited mass. Which ones do you guys think will preform better on +2 a-arms setup for mx racing?

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-25-2003, 11:23 AM
This is a tough one.....but I'd get the PEP because down the road you can have them converted to ZPS and then you will have on heck of a shock :macho

racin 400
01-25-2003, 08:08 PM
tcs all the way.

EvilJester400EX
01-25-2003, 08:19 PM
TCS, you can get em way faster than PEP

Dave400ex
01-25-2003, 08:45 PM
TCS, because to have Limited Mass converted to ZPS is $465. That's what Baldwin told me so he said that would be dumb to do, just sell the Limited Mass then buy ZPS....

jb400exxx
01-26-2003, 12:09 AM
i would get elka, but between your choices get PEP. you should make this into a poll.

Sparks425Ex
01-26-2003, 08:23 AM
I would get Elka but if that is not a choice then get TCS. No one gives these guys credit. They are sweet shocks. They are just as good if not better than PEP.

Elka is just as good if not better than both of them. And Elkas cost less and have faster turn around time.

Jeff@theQuadshop can help ya out. Give him a call. Tell him Justin sent ya,

01-26-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
They are just as good if not better than PEP.

NO THEY'RE NOT!

There is no way a shock builder coming in to the atv scene for one year is just as good or better then a company that has built shocks for years and years on atvs and has so many pros riding there shocks. Yes Im sure elka are great shocks, have a great price, and have a lot shorter wait then PEPs but to go as far as saying they are just as good if not better then PEP is crazy. I have seen at least 4 people who have had problems with there elka shocks being to soft, to hard, valving off, and just not set up right and no complaints abt the PEPs(even the lowest model peps for 595) Then these guys are buying springs trying to fix some of elkas problems. Im not totally bad mouthing elka bc i almost bought them but there not better then PEP in my opinion. But hey whatever floats ur boat. :D

BigThumper33
01-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Not to flame but elka has been around for along time, they are huge in the sled world and have now transfered over to quads. Get elka's through the quadshop I have heard a few valving complaints through elka but have never heard a single one when going through the quadshop. They are cheaper, and have ALOT faster turn around time. Waiting months and months for a shock is bogus and the only reason a company with such a poor turn around time can do it is because the public still buys into their product. They are nice shocks no doubt, but not worth the wait.

Jeff even says he likes his elka set up even better than his axis set up. I had a buddy get a complete herrmann R and was waiting for his lt axis's front and rear for almost a year! What a waste.

01-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Yea they have been in the sled world for i heard 10 years. And my point was not that they dont know shocks bc they do. they have good materials and all but they are having trouble setting them up.

ESR250R
01-26-2003, 09:51 AM
i was one of those people that were complaining about my shocks. the valving on my fronts is just too stiff. i tried changing springs and it still didnt get better. after a race last season i was so disgusested by them that i didnt wanna race any more. this winter i am switching to +2 a arms and a 89 length swingarm and i am sending my shocks to marty@quadshop next week to be valved. i've never heard of a shock that he was done poorly so i am hoping that he will help me out with my problem. if i am still not happy i am going tcs/lt setup but i am very confident that the quadshop will do a good job valving my shocks.

01-26-2003, 09:56 AM
esr hopefully it gets all worked out:D

Dave400ex
01-26-2003, 09:59 AM
I think Elka is more of a XC shock myself. I bet by the end of next year they will be a lot better at setting Shocks because many GNCC Pro's will be running Elka's next year....

mopar 400
01-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Marty at the Quadshop hit two pairs of Elkas dead on for us. He has got these shocks wired. Made a few little adjustments for my riding style, and I can say they hang with all the big companies. For the Price and turnaround, I would say Elka has a good thing going for them. Just look at Duncan Racing, Went from Axis to Elka, any ????'s.