PDA

View Full Version : insurance companies

dns1764
03-04-2010, 07:44 AM
i absolutely hate dealing with insurance companies. a guy hit me 3 weeks ago, and i filed a claim with his company. today i have yet to hear back so i gave them a call. they have no info on it. so i just spent an hour on the phone to get no where. i just had to vent a little bit

dns1764
03-04-2010, 08:19 AM
update, after spending another half hour of calling around and waiting on hold, i found out that the slimeball switched insurance companies on me, so i had to start the whole process of filing a claim over again

chucked
03-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Yup, you ain't seen nothin yet!! Every accident I was in the other insurance company said that according to the police report it was my fault, when it wasn't. Took some b^tching and threatening to get them to back down.

slightlybent47
03-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I have never liked the way insurance companies do business. They tell you one thing and then give you the run around and use stall tactics to try to wear you down and get you to settle. There whole business is geared to rip you off and take advantage of you when you need them the most. There nothing but legal con artist and should be dry humped at the first opportunity. Credit card companies are the same, nothing but scum bags if you ask me.

ZeroLogic
03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I had contractor liability with this one company, had. I was paying monthly which was 88 dollars. We been out of work for three months so far so I was late on one payment by a week. Now mind you I never been late with a bill before. I payed the bill a week later with 100 dollars. Two weeks later they mail me a bill for 120 dollars. And a week after that they mailed me another one for 100 dollars. There wasn't any penalty for being one week late. No one seemed to know why they uped my bills and was no help. Goodbye.

dns1764
03-04-2010, 10:32 AM
there wasnt that much damage either. but now, since its an inconvience to me, i now want a rental car for when my truck is in the body shop. i dont need one, but why not, its not on my tab

dns1764
03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
well here it goes again. now my claim has to go through arbitration. how the hell is it even debateble? he was passing in the brakedown lane? at least i got an adjuster coming out to look at it this week

Regular_Joe
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM
You never know. I was in a similar situation with a guy. It worked out for me in the end.

This kid said he hit me because I was parked on the wrong side of the road and out in the road too far. He claimed there was no way to avoid me because he came around the corner and there wasn't time to swerve away. The real story was I had my truck parked facing the oncoming lane, but it was all the way in the driveway parked sideways, so I can park in any direction I please. My friend and I were working on my stereo. This kid was driving by, and wanted to see what we were up to and since the driveway was all blocked, decided to park on the grass. I have no idea why, but he just didn't stop and hit my truck head on. Same thing, he was at fault on the scene, but later went back on his story and tried to blame it on me. In the end they sent an insurance guy out to assess the area and situation and take pictures. Less than a week later I had a check in my hand.