PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

farmboy1
03-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Sorry for my stupidity when it comes to this.

I just had my rings replaced on my '00 400ex. A guy my father knows that works on atv's in his spare time aside from his full time job replaced them for me.

Alright well he told me that we need to drill out the pilot jet on my 400ex.
Is there any what that you guys could step by step me to finding the pilot jet, and drilling it out?
Are there any diagrams or anything that could help me in doing this?

Appreciate the help!

rt20ps
03-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Don't drill it. Replace it with a bigger size. They're only about $5. Do a search, there is tons of information here.

440exhondaman99
03-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by farmboy1
Sorry for my stupidity when it comes to this.

I just had my rings replaced on my '00 400ex. A guy my father knows that works on atv's in his spare time aside from his full time job replaced them for me.

Alright well he told me that we need to drill out the pilot jet on my 400ex.
Is there any what that you guys could step by step me to finding the pilot jet, and drilling it out?
Are there any diagrams or anything that could help me in doing this?

Appreciate the help!

LOL yea deflently DONT DRILL IT.... i have drill bits that if you drop them in carpet they get lost.... i took the tinnyest one i had and drilled my pillot just for the hell of it because if it didnt work i was getin one from my deal the next day and i drilled it and even the tinnyest bit ever was to much and it actuly could see fuel coming out the rear and filled my garage full of feums in minutes.. goto your local deal and tell them you need a 42 pilot jet for a kethin carb