PDA

View Full Version : cant sleep

stuntin andy
03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
what causes people to not sleep?? like during the day im tired as heck but at night im wide awake..... like right now its almost 1 and i have to wake up at 5:30 for school but i cant sleep so who knows if ill go.....

dose stress cause loss of sleep??

03-02-2010, 10:51 PM
I had this problem and my doc said my internal clock was off. I just didn't go to bed at all one night and went to bed at around 9 the next night. Haven't had a problem since and I love it. I usually go to sleep around 11-12 every night and wake up around 9-10. Maybe something you could try on a Friday night, resist the urge to take a nap if you do it, then go to bed around 9 or 10 the next night.

stuntin andy
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
if i dont go to bed soon i might do that today lol....

isent that un healthy staying up for 24 hours though?

kfx400rider03
03-02-2010, 11:13 PM
i got the same problem up all night till 3 or 4 and wake up at 9 or 10 not tired at all through out the day.

statying up 24 isnt healthy if you are doing it time and time again. but it may fix your sleeping problem.

stuntin andy
03-02-2010, 11:16 PM
hmmm im about to go tell mom im not going to school tomorrow and go play x box haha...... she might get mad though because i couldent sleep sunday night so i did'nt go to school on monday

03-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I only did it once and it fixed my problem, this was about 2 months ago.

stuntin andy
03-02-2010, 11:23 PM
i've been reading they say that falling asleep with the tv on makes you sleep less hard lol

so i need to stay up all night then go to bed the next night with the tv off

RTJ
03-02-2010, 11:43 PM
my experience is if you cant sleep. youre not doing enough thru the day to make you tired. put the remotes, controllers , cell phones , ect down and get off your @$$ and get a job or at least some exercise. another reason is a guilty consiounce. go to church sunday morning spend the afternoon with your family and go back to church that night and see if you dont sleep better

stuntin andy
03-02-2010, 11:47 PM
lol well RTJ im not one of those people who sit around all day lol. i do work and i dont go to church because im not religious. i think it has something to do with stress but i think im going to sty up tonight and alll day and go to bed early tomorrow.

Pipeless416
03-02-2010, 11:51 PM
i never really had a problem with sleeping until this year. i find myself going to bed at 4 and having to wake up at 7 for class. i don't nap and im running around all day. i think stress has a lot to do with my sleeping patterns. there are just not enough hours in a day. im also an RA so it doesn't help that when im on duty i need to stay up until at least 2 AM anyway..

stuntin andy
03-02-2010, 11:56 PM
i think we have the same thing lol.....STRESS.... i didn't get a lot of sleep at the beginning of this 3rd quarter and my grades reflected.... so im trying to get back on track ..

RTJ
03-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
another reason is a guilty consiounce. go to church sunday morning spend the afternoon with your family and go back to church that night and see if you dont sleep better

best stress relief i know. try it what you got to loose

CannondaleRider
03-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Stress is gonna be the main cause of being unable to sleep.

Even if the thoughts on what you're stressing aren't directly in front of you, they're sizzlin' somewhere in your head, and it keeps you awake.

Me, when I can't sleep, it sometimes stress....but, usually, being i'm more of an optimistic person, it's caused by a constant thought process about goals. Things I want to do, things I want to accomplish, how I need to go about accomplishing things. Just constant thought that keeps me awake sometimes.

That has gotten me on a bad schedule... I've stayed up til at least 1 or 2 every night for years, so I have to have one hell of a weekend to go to bed before midnight on a Sunday. I just have this clock set, that makes it impossible to sleep before 1.... My every night of the week partying days wrecked me too. haha

Kickstarts-suck
03-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Ive always had problems sleeping..

Going to sleep at 6am and getting up at 2pm is normally what I do. No matter how hard I try I just cant go to sleep until around 5-6am. Ill go to bed at 12am and just lay there for hours until I finally fall asleep.

Sucks :ermm:

trx310R#24
03-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
my experience is if you cant sleep. youre not doing enough thru the day to make you tired. put the remotes, controllers , cell phones , ect down and get off your @$$ and get a job or at least some exercise. another reason is a guilty consiounce. go to church sunday morning spend the afternoon with your family and go back to church that night and see if you dont sleep better

church really... so they can ask for money =p lol

RTJ
03-03-2010, 04:01 AM
another question same subject
how many hours do you consider a good nights sleep

trx310R#24
03-03-2010, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Nova
I had this problem and my doc said my internal clock was off. I just didn't go to bed at all one night and went to bed at around 9 the next night. Haven't had a problem since and I love it. I usually go to sleep around 11-12 every night and wake up around 9-10. Maybe something you could try on a Friday night, resist the urge to take a nap if you do it, then go to bed around 9 or 10 the next night.

same thing happen to me ^^^ thats how you fix it. but you got to stay up till like at least 9pm or it will not work...

k4f5x0r
03-03-2010, 04:14 AM
When i came back from hawaii(5 hour time difference backwards from New york) i was completely messed up. I wouldn't get tired until 4am and i wake up at 5:30. then i would be fine throughout the day, get home and crash instantly and take a good 3-4 hour nap.

If thats anything like you, try to stay up the night, stay up the day, RESIST the urge to nap that afternoon, and stay up until 9 or 10, then go to sleep as it shouldnt be a problem. Thats what i did this week and it finally got my internal clock set right.

That afternoon trying to stay up did suck though. I was falling asleep sitting upright and standing up :p

BlingyLTR450
03-03-2010, 07:25 AM
I been taking melatonin pills for 7 years to sleep. They work good. With out them I cant get to sleep. When they don't work good enough I take night time coff liquid with it and that combo works perfect. For me Tue wed I sleep at 2am get up at 6am. Mon Thur Sun sleep 3am and up at around 10am. Fri Sat sleep around 7am and up at around 2pm.

And Im always cold when I wake up but hot when I go to sleep.

CaptainCanuck
03-03-2010, 09:38 AM
One big thing that has helped me is to actually not get into bed until you're sure you're tired and are going to fall asleep.

If you continue to lay in your bed when you are wide awake, your body reacts to your bed as if it does as if your still walking around and carrying on with your day. If you train your body to fall asleep quickly in your bed, when you hit the pillows at night, lights out.

My biggest problem was laying in bed, watching TV 'til 2am. I quit doing that, changed to this method, and it's worked like a charm. Within 15 minutes, I'm out. Give it a whirl. It couldn't hurt to try.

CaptainCanuck
03-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I also struggle with hallucinations at night when I semi wake up. I have complete consciousness and I can think rationally when I wake up, but my mind creates very vivid hallucinations that I can't stop until I snap out of it.

I am able to tell myself I know what I'm seeing isn't actually there, but I can't stop it on demand. I have a few funny stories from it as well as a couple night terrors.

stuntin andy
03-03-2010, 09:52 AM
thanks for all the help yall im going to try to go to bed early to night i tool like a 3 hour nap from 3 to 5 am im tired as heck now lol...

kfx400rider03
03-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Stress is gonna be the main cause of being unable to sleep.

Even if the thoughts on what you're stressing aren't directly in front of you, they're sizzlin' somewhere in your head, and it keeps you awake.

Me, when I can't sleep, it sometimes stress....but, usually, being i'm more of an optimistic person, it's caused by a constant thought process about goals. Things I want to do, things I want to accomplish, how I need to go about accomplishing things. Just constant thought that keeps me awake sometimes.

That has gotten me on a bad schedule... I've stayed up til at least 1 or 2 every night for years, so I have to have one hell of a weekend to go to bed before midnight on a Sunday. I just have this clock set, that makes it impossible to sleep before 1.... My every night of the week partying days wrecked me too. haha

when you said you cant sleep because you are thinking of something that you are gonna accomplish and how you are gonna accomlish it is like me i will lay in bed just thinking of how i am gonna finish the project and just plan it out all night. and if i didnt lie with my dad i always have a feeling i would end up starting it at 1am and not caring about the time because i want beable to sleep till it is done

witech
03-03-2010, 10:15 AM
You guys never heard of NyQUil . The sniffling ,sneezing ,lapse into a coma ,better be in bed when you take it medicine.LOL

Stop drinking caffiene products 4 or 5 hours before you go to bed .

madskrillz2
03-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by witech
You guys never heard of NyQUil . The sniffling ,sneezing ,lapse into a coma ,better be in bed when you take it medicine.LOL

Lmao lapse into a coma. Yeah you can't beat NyQuil. It puts me to sleep better than sleeping pills

Scro
03-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I used to not be able to fall asleep. I would lay there for hours, just tossing and turning. I tried Unisom one night, an hour before I went to bed. My head hit the pillow, and it was lights out for me. I slept so hard, that I had a very difficult time getting up. I took half a pill after that for about a week. Now it's much easier to fall asleep on my own. I guess I just had to get my internal clock in order.

Try running a sound machine, or a box fan. Those can really help you sleep too. That way you are hearing a steady, constant noise instead of random noises that you may here during the night.

BlingyLTR450
03-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Lmao lapse into a coma. Yeah you can't beat NyQuil. It puts me to sleep better than sleeping pills

try taking that with sleeping pills once. Always feels like im floating above my bed when I mix em.

KXRida
03-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Girls seem to be the main cause of my sleep issues. These phone calls til 4 in the morning need to stop. Then again I work second shift so by the time I unwind for the night it's already around 2 or so in the morning.

Seriously though, exercise about 2 or 3 hours before you go to bed. Go for a run or something. Works rather well for me, but don't do it right before bed. Also get a shower before bed or something. Seems to calm you down a little more as well. Avoid napping in the day if you can until you get a good sleep pattern going.

ZeroLogic
03-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by witech

Lmaoo.

madskrillz2
03-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BlingyLTR450
try taking that with sleeping pills once. Always feels like im floating above my bed when I mix em.

Oh I know that feeling. I was prescribed Ambien and it never helped. All it did was make me hallucinate

Thumpin440ex
03-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow tell me why I was going to post the exact thread last night.. I am always having a hard time going to sleep.. I am lucky if I get 5 hours a night...

John

stuntin andy
03-03-2010, 03:11 PM
try sleeeping with ur socks on thats what im going to do and no tv on and just relax

RTJ
03-03-2010, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KXRida
[B]Girls seem to be the main cause of my sleep issues. These phone calls til 4 in the morning need to stop. Then again I work second shift so by the time I unwind for the night it's already around 2 or so in the morning.

this would be a nice prob to have. but if they really bother you turn the phone off[B]