PDA

View Full Version : What brand of brake pads for mud, snow, ect?

brian400ex
01-25-2003, 08:54 AM
?

OutlawEX
01-25-2003, 09:08 AM
It dont really matter because in mud or snow ur gonna slide reguardless...

brian400ex
01-25-2003, 09:10 AM
i want the kind that can withstand the mud and not wear out so fast.

Extremeracer167
01-25-2003, 09:14 AM
then u would have to go with EBC Sever Duty, which are the gold ones. They last longer, but also chew up your rotor a little faster

Live2Ride300
01-25-2003, 09:14 AM
I used to always buy the stock honda pads, and i would wear them out in 4-5 rides. When I was changing them once, I went to my dealer and they were out of the stock pads, so I ended up getting a pair of Moose Racing pads. They have stood up to alot of abuse, I have around 12 rides on them and they are just now needing to be replaced. I ride in all types of conditions from alot of sand, to gritty mud that would eat the stock pads up in no time. Id give those a try, ive also heard that the EBC severe duty pads are pretty good. Another factor in ur brake pads wearing out so fast, is the parking brake. If you still have ur parking brake on, then that might be your problem, if its not adjusted right it make ur pads drag causing them to wear out a heck of alot faster. If you still have the parking brake, id get a parking brake block off plate, there around 10 bux. Good luck man