PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan 2stroke 90 clutch and jetting questions.

hasbeenttduner
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
What it is
I have a 01 polaris scrambler 90 for my son that I have been making some changes to with a lot of help from all of you here in the mini forums. I have gatherd some parts and have some on the way. I am ready to go forward. It is stock with +2+1 aarms and 18x6.5x8 razr cross/spacers on the back. 19" stock style fronts on 8" wheels are going on the front. Some basic pull off or used shock upgrades will be around the corner. This will not be a race quad. It will just be a fun play quad for my son around here and at pismo dunes.

I have picked up through the forums...
Hetrick pipe
Keihin 24pwk
09 apex intake asy with cage
09 apex cdi and stator
I will install a uni type filter with outerwear, replace the throttle cable, and remove the injection.

Now after all of that here are my questions.

1-Jetting starting point suggestions?

2-Clutch starting point suggestions using the stock rear clutch?
A lighter one may come later but for now drilling this one, springs, rollars etc........Please give me your thoughts.

Please post or PM me any thoughts or suggestions that you have.
Thanks again to everyone for your time and tips.

mxdad423
03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
We normally start around a 130 main jet and a 52 to 55 pilot jet, that should give you a good starting point on the jetting. As far as the clutch, I would start with probably a 5.0 gram weight a 1500 tourque spring and 1500 stall springs, again this should be a good starting point for you. Once you get going if you need any help just give a shout, I will help you out as much a possible.

Kevin Smitley

hasbeenttduner
03-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank you for the info mxdad.
Does anyone have an opinion about taking some weight off of the stock clutch?

mxdad423
03-03-2010, 06:04 PM
your welcome, just give me a shout if there's anything I can help with.

Kevin Smitley

Eric Johnston
03-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Depends on what the weight of the stock clutch is. Some of the older clutches weighed as much as 700 grams!! Put it on a good postal scale and see. Most newer stock clutches are around 400 grams. If you do try to drill one start with a spare first (just in case) and remember all three shoes will need to be EXACTLY the same weight to avoid bad vibrations. Also typically on basic type clutches the less weight the more slippage.