PDA

View Full Version : Brimstone OHV-Huntsville, TN

07black400ex
03-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Has anyone ridden there? If so, what's it like?

250R
03-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Was there last wekend and Coal Creek the month before. I would only ride my Rincon there personally to cover the majority of it.

07black400ex
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
What about Coal Creek? So Brimstone is not 450 friendly???

250R
03-03-2010, 07:34 AM
You could ride a sport quad there and a lot do. Both of the riding areas are pretty rocky overall and have some mud that you can not go around. For me, with a 250R and a Rincon to choose from, I take the Rincon every time.

jas250r
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
rode a yfz and a razor there. yfz was like gncc racing. some areas were a blast. the razor lasted a day before we toasted a belt. but it was a better choice for whole park. pretty sweet place.

07black400ex
03-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by jas250r
rode a yfz and a razor there. yfz was like gncc racing. some areas were a blast. the razor lasted a day before we toasted a belt. but it was a better choice for whole park. pretty sweet place.
So it's not just all mud holes??? I'm not into that, but if it's mainly just good trails and hill climbs I'm down. A group of us are heading up there at the end of the month. I just don't want to get up there and it suck!!! LOL

felipecj
03-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hijack, but where do you ride at? I see you're from huntsville. That's where i'm originally from, now i'm in Auburn. Been to Wilborn's once and i would definitely recommend that park. Just curious about some new places to ride.

Btw, Doc Hilt Trails is worth checking out too, it's in Lineville bout 3 hrs from ya.

07black400ex
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by felipecj
Sorry to hijack, but where do you ride at? I see you're from huntsville. That's where i'm originally from, now i'm in Auburn. Been to Wilborn's once and i would definitely recommend that park. Just curious about some new places to ride.

Btw, Doc Hilt Trails is worth checking out too, it's in Lineville bout 3 hrs from ya.
We ride at Wilborn some, it's a little rough and washed out though, not to mention dusty as hell. Highland Park in Cedartown, GA is a place we go a lot. It's only about 2 hours away and all the trails are one way. They also have an MX track that they allow ATV's on which is a rarity around here it seems. We also ride at Coalmine Mountain quite a bit but Highland Park is my favorite around here so far. We like to get away for weekend trips every now and then, usually places with cabins like Highland Park or Durhamtown, GA. If you have never been to Durhamtown you need to go, it's freaking awesome. You go to Auburn? I'm an AU Alum myself.

felipecj
03-04-2010, 09:23 PM
We have a lot in common i think. I graduated from Auburn 3 years ago. Used to ride up coalmine a lot back in high school; didn't know that was still allowed. I've heard of durhamtown, and i need to check that out sometime. But this place in cedartown is new to me. I checked and it's only 2 1/2 hrs away, not bad. And atv's being allowed on a track has been a rare experience for me too. We may need to get our groups together one day and ride some.

07black400ex
03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
You have to know someone with a key to the gate usually to get to Coalmine now but I heard the other day they smoothed the road on the rocky side recently and that the gate has been open. I'm sure that will not last long though. LOL!!! Where's the place you mentioned???

felipecj
03-05-2010, 04:49 AM
http://www.dochilttrails.com/
It's about 30 min. south of Anniston. It's not a huge park like wilborn's where you can get lost, but it's a well kept-up park that has some nice trails. We've lucked out and had the place to ourselves a couple of times, and we took advantage of that. What all quads do you ride with up there? Just curious. Our group has my 450r, 2 400ex's, a raptor and a Z400. Got a buddy in Athens that's looking for a 450 now. If you happen to know of a good one for a fair price let me know. He's ready to start riding with us.

07black400ex
03-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Actually I have a friend that has a white 08 for sale right now... I'll email him to see what he wants for it. He lives in Columbus, GA and the thing is in great shape.

07black400ex
03-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by felipecj
http://www.dochilttrails.com/
It's about 30 min. south of Anniston. It's not a huge park like wilborn's where you can get lost, but it's a well kept-up park that has some nice trails. We've lucked out and had the place to ourselves a couple of times, and we took advantage of that. What all quads do you ride with up there? Just curious. Our group has my 450r, 2 400ex's, a raptor and a Z400. Got a buddy in Athens that's looking for a 450 now. If you happen to know of a good one for a fair price let me know. He's ready to start riding with us.
Two of my friends ride Kawasaki Brute Force's that have been lowered, widened, piped, and jetted. Those things haul @zz and they ride them like sport quads. Got another friend that rides with us that has a 450 as well, another friend that rides a 450x bike, a friend with a razor, a couple of friends that ride recons, a 400ex or two, etc. Basically we have a little bit of everything in our group. Even though there are a few guys with UTV's they/we don't do the mud thing... We're all about hauling @zz through the woods, climbing hills, and those of us with sport quads hitting the tracks when possible. You should see my boys with the Brute's ride those things, I'm telling you they treat them like sport quads. It's amazing to me to see them jump those things. Of course, they replace control arms quite a bit it seems. LOL!!! My friend is asking $3600 for his 08 450r and its in great shape. He keeps his stuff immaculate. Let me know if your friend is interested and I'll PM the information to you. We need to all get together and ride. Maybe meet up at Highland Park sometime. I'm telling you, you'll love that place.