PDA

View Full Version : Lil thumper making strides!

Ride1Rob
03-01-2010, 05:40 PM
This was the last holeshot at Dade City for the Modified bikes in moto #2. Thanx to some very good people at the track our lil thumper has made some nice strides to compete with these very fast 2strokes. Also, thanx to all those who give tips and words of encouragement to Jam. He's still somewhat intimidated at this track but you guys (Ken, Brady, Steve, Derek, Wayne) have made a huge impact on him with the advice. Also thanx to Gary Fallon for the info on setup... Doesn't matter how much power you have if you're not gettin' it to the ground ;) .

We're gettin there power wise ;) .... Just need for Jam to get alil more experience under his belt against these fast kids/bikes and stop letting off the gas so much lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiH78gVw6Mo

quadnana7
03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Rob,
Congrats. looks like it's all coming together for you. These 4 strokes put out quiote a bit and Jam is steadily getting more experience both riding & shifting at a young age. Just keep congratulating him for doing better each race. He'll be there before you know it probably before we have to help Stockracing with this years tree. LOL

Ride1Rob
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by quadnana7
Rob,
Congrats. looks like it's all coming together for you. These 4 strokes put out quiote a bit and Jam is steadily getting more experience both riding & shifting at a young age. Just keep congratulating him for doing better each race. He'll be there before you know it probably before we have to help Stockracing with this years tree. LOL

LOL!!! I don't know Gary... Jam is about as hesitant in staying in the gas as Stock is putting that tree up :ermm: . Don't have much room for talk though because Jam kept bugging me to put up ours :huh . Got tired of him asking after the 3rd day lol. His shifting is getting better and in the vid he doesn't lose ground when he shifts from 2nd to 3rd. When he saw the vid he made the comment, "I look little in that video." lol. We're both learning in our new hobby. I have a couple more things to try to get better performance ;) .

fastrnrik
03-01-2010, 07:16 PM
No problem Rob. Jam is a nice kid and I thought he did a great job. He's h.ell outta the gate!LOL I think he would've had that 2nd holeshot if he would've kept it pinned! When I was talking to him, I could tell he's a little intimidated and not in his comfort zone at DC, plus I give him props because there's some dang fast kids in that class! He'll get there though. I think he'll give 'em heck once he relaxes a little and gets comfortable out there.

The 0 - 100 class was crazy! Like 16 or 17 on the gate!
Lots of good racing in all the classes the other night. We've got our DC bikes now, so we'll be out there either this coming race or the next one. We'll see how it goes.

JAG Motosports
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Jam's lookin good and getting more aggressive every week:D

edwardsp&b
03-02-2010, 06:36 AM
"broke parents of Jordan Gibson #8"

Your a funny guy Ken!

Jam looks good on that shifter Rob, its not easy keeping up with those fast two strokes. Tell him to keep it up, it will come with seat time. I remember watching video on Jam a couple months back, and he is getting alot better.

Not trying to jack this post but i would like to see a video of #8 on that blaster. And is it ever going to warm up down there in Florida, we would like to come down from Ga. but not when we have the same cold, nasty weather as you guys.
bryan

greenmachine70
03-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Jam was right there in the 2nd holeshot until those 2stroke quads came into his peripherals. If he had hit 4th pinned I believe he would have had it. He is getting better each race and I learned last weekend, it isnt the fasted kid/quad that always wins the race. You got to finish!
He came away with 3rd overall and most importantly he had fun.

oh yeah, just some FYI, that black/pink apex is running a 118cc Billy Holt motor that cost around $4k alone with a 13 or 14yr old rider with years of experience.

Ride1Rob
03-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Not trying to jack this post but i would like to see a video of #8 on that blaster.

Are you psychic :huh . I was talking to Ken about putting something together for Jordan this past Sat. I took ALOT of vid footage and had some shots of Jordan but for some reason I can't find the footage. I think as I was pushing record it was pausing the record mode and I got quite a bit of walk around dirt footage lol. I won't make next race because of work but I'm gonna put a piece together on the 27th race.

Ride1Rob
03-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by fastrnrik

The 0 - 100 class was crazy! Like 16 or 17 on the gate!
Lots of good racing in all the classes the other night. We've got our DC bikes now, so we'll be out there either this coming race or the next one. We'll see how it goes.

That is a VERY stacked class :eek2: Got the start of it as well ;) .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ict03y0Ga-g

edwardsp&b
03-02-2010, 08:05 AM
rob sounds like you take video like my wife. when she takes a video you get about 3 secs of riding and 20 secs of her taking footage of the ground while shes running to her next shot. i hope she doesnt read this..... LOL
i think i will go and buy her a nice camera, and take away the camcorder.

But yes i would love to see #8 on that blaster, please get some footage up.
thanks bryan

edwardsp&b
03-02-2010, 08:12 AM
BTW classes are kinda different than what were used to up here. what class would a 70cvt with mods run down there.
bryan

greenmachine70
03-02-2010, 08:20 AM
BTW classes are kinda different than what were used to up here. what class would a 70cvt with mods run down there.
bryan
as long as you have stock cases, cylinder, suspension and pipe and you dont exceed 70cc(bore-x-stroke) you would run inthe 70stock appearing.

fastrnrik
03-02-2010, 08:25 AM
They do? I don't see it on their classes?

greenmachine70
03-02-2010, 08:35 AM
no sorry I was wrong. I thought Jordan raced a mod 70 last year, but I was wrong. 70 stock appearing is what it is.

edwardsp&b
03-02-2010, 09:30 AM
yeah, ours and jordans were pretty much the same setup. so that would be mod class or stock appearing?
bryan

Ride1Rob
03-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I would say mod class because all the bikes in the 70 class are stock from what I've seen.

JAG Motosports
03-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Yep, it would have to be ran in the mini mod class. We ran the 90 in the mini mod class and just used the 70 for practice and nationals.

p.s. I'll try to get some video of him up sometime soon.

hwf-racing
03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Rob, The little thumper is rockin!!! It will just be a matter of seat time. Remember, Jam is getting used to this new power. Derek

JAG Motosports
03-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Ask and you shall receive :blah:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3W6Zsa7oqw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3W6Zsa7oqw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ride1Rob
03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
The Man Child lol... Amazing! I'm gonna show this vid to Jam. He's absolutely CRAZY about Jordan. He's a very mannerable young man with loads of talent ;) .

edwardsp&b
03-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I enjoy watching that kid ride. he looks smooth on that blaster, but i must say that somebody has got some suspension dialed in. hopefully we can get down there and see it in person. I wish our regionals were packed like yall's, if they were, we wouldnt run nationals.
bryan

JAG Motosports
03-03-2010, 04:20 PM
i must say that somebody has got some suspension dialed in.
bryan

Ya, well that's where the "broke" part comes into play :ermm:

STOCKRACING917
03-04-2010, 12:37 AM
I always enjoy watching Jordan ride. Very exciting !!:)