PDA

View Full Version : Elka steering Dampner

ejmoan1
03-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Is the elka steering dampers the same as the fastway steering dampners. has anyone ever used them if you did how did you like it.

Smoker
03-01-2010, 01:37 PM
They look identical and there are 3 and 5 way adjustable just like the Elka's, I'm sure they are the same.

sameltoe
03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.atvtorture.com/forums/performance/5654-pro-moto-billet-fastway-performance-elka-suspension-steering-stabilizer-review.html It says they team'd up, Who know's... But i have never used either one.

eastside 400
03-01-2010, 04:06 PM
elka does not make the stabilizers anymore, fastway bought the stabilizer business from them, they are the same exact stabilizer, just made by someone else

johnsoninc86
03-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Yep, Elka sold thier stabilizer division to ProMotoBillet, or Fastway. Good luck trying to get ahold of them for parts of any sort. I had an Elka System 3 last season, and it needed rebuilt a couple times. Neither me or my shock builder could get ahold of them, or even get them to call us back for replacement parts. I called 3 or 4 times, and my shock builder called 3 or 4 times with no response.

The stabilizer itself works okay. I like the adjustments on them, they were easy to tune. They weren't very reliable though. Mine needed rebuilt twice within one season. They are a pain to rebuild, so you pretty much have to send it off to an authorized Elka dealer (Jet Motorsports) and have them rebuild it. The link arm on mine ended up wallowing out and getting quite a bit of play in it as well. I ended up selling it right after I had it rebuilt, and plan on getting a precision soon.

Flynbryan19
03-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Which is odd to me because I had mine for 2yrs and when I got it rebuilt my sponsor said the oil looked ok yet. "Not near as bad as a precision w/ equal time on it" he said. I've also not had any trouble w/ the linkage and it seems built much better than precision's linkage.... Maybe you got a lemon? lol

johnsoninc86
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
yea, I don't know, I might have. I didn't have much luck with it from day one. Granted, I bought it used, so who knows what kind of life it had before me...