PDA

View Full Version : mx tracks within 10 hours of Massachusetts

motohanks
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I was planning on heading to Breezewood Proving Grounds to go riding for a few days of my spring break, but now it isn't opening until the end of March and I need to find another track to go to. I would prefer to stay within a 10 hour drive each way. I live basically on the border with Connecticut, my zip code is 01036. What MX tracks would you recommend that are open in the middle of March and allow quads?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ATVMX33
03-01-2010, 01:19 PM
i was going to go before race season too but im not sure where to go either

BLU82
03-01-2010, 01:52 PM
What's keeping you at your ten hour limit? Take the dive and go to FL! Drive 10 hours one day, sleep a night then another 6-8 the next day and your there. Some of the best tracks you'll find.

motohanks
03-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey Ed, How long of a drive is it to FL? 18-19 hours. The main reason that I said 10-12 hours was that was the number my dad told me. At about 10-12 mpg, gas will add up quick and we would like to limit the number of days that he has to take off work so that he will still have some vacation days left for this summer. Are the Florida tracks worth it and allow quads every day?

I will call my dad tonight and see what he wants to do. This trip is my birthday present, so he's the one paying for most of it.

ryan243
03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
florida tracks are where its at....why i moved down here

BLU82
03-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by motohanks
Hey Ed, How long of a drive is it to FL? 18-19 hours. The main reason that I said 10-12 hours was that was the number my dad told me. At about 10-12 mpg, gas will add up quick and we would like to limit the number of days that he has to take off work so that he will still have some vacation days left for this summer. Are the Florida tracks worth it and allow quads every day?

I will call my dad tonight and see what he wants to do. This trip is my birthday present, so he's the one paying for most of it.
Yeah that's true. Most of the tracks do allow quads all the time. And there's some pretty nice tracks too. If you need to stay in that limit then lake gatson mx looks real good. Never been there though. It's in north carolina

MX MaNiAc 06
03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
You could go to NEMX indoors in Andover, Ohio. If you're going somewhere south like NC you could pick me up in pa! haha

motohanks
03-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
You could go to NEMX indoors in Andover, Ohio. If you're going somewhere south like NC you could pick me up in pa! haha
we have an indoor track up here too, but they only allow quads on Sunday night. I'm looking to ride several days in a row and on actual mx tracks. I think the trailer will be full already between my two YFZs and hopefully my friend Zack from Maine will be coming along.

dan harris
03-02-2010, 08:30 AM
motohanks, sorry about postponing our opening weekend and screwing up your plans. Honestly though its still a real mess here and wouldn't have been worth it for ya. Hopefully you can plan a trip here a little later in the spring/summer.

There are a bunch of Breezewood regulars heading to Virginia motorsports park next weekend, they say its been great down there with temps in the 50's and good track conditions. I've never been there.

I have been down to North Carolina to NCMP - its a great track and they allow quads everyday and the weather is usually in the 50's or 60's this time of year.

Good luck where ever you go - sounds like a great birthday present!

motohanks
03-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks Dan, we I told my dad that you weren't opening until the end of March he wasn't surprised and figured the track would have been a mess anyway with all of the snow this winter. Hopefully I can make it down to Breezewood at least once this year, it looks like an awesome track.
I'll look into those two tracks. Are those the main tracks that are open in March and allow quads in that region of the country?

dan harris
03-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm sure there are others, they are the two that I would assume would be closest to you and warm!

Delaware152
03-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Check out www.delmarvamotorsportspark.com. I rode there last Sunday and it was a little dusty by some miracle. The forecast for this weekend is in the 50's.

motohanks
03-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm just looking for some more input on which tracks to go to. This is my tentative schedule for next week.
Tuesday- drive down to N. Carolina
Wednesday/Thursday- NCMP or Lake Gaston
Friday- Virginia Motorsports Park
Saturday- Breezewood or Delmarva
Saturday night into Sunday morning- drive home

JJs450r
03-13-2010, 08:36 PM
theres a few tracks on the coast in nc that are pretty good but ncmp is one of the tops here i live right out side of jacksonville nc, and there are 5 descent tracks within an hour or so even a few races if your looking into that

motohanks
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
theres a few tracks on the coast in nc that are pretty good but ncmp is one of the tops here i live right out side of jacksonville nc, and there are 5 descent tracks within an hour or so even a few races if your looking into that
I'm looking to ride as much as possible, so I'm trying to avoid tracks that are holding races. All of these tracks allow ATVs all the time right? Up here most tracks only allow ATVs on certain days.

JJs450r
03-13-2010, 08:46 PM
ya im pretty sure ncmp allows atvs all the time i know east bend (mxpe) doesnt allow them, as for the ones here on the coast i was talking about all allow

motohanks
03-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the help Jeremy, how do NCMP and Lake Gaston compare? Am I better off spending two days at one rather than going to both?

JJs450r
03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
ive never been to lake gaston but ive heard a lot of people like it...ncmp is my favorite track in nc its good for beginners but good for a pro i know dustin wimmer has been here a number of times

JJs450r
03-13-2010, 09:17 PM
http://www.ncmp.net/ncmambo/

outacontrol
03-14-2010, 06:41 AM
http://www.southforkmx.com/

My buddy is in Va as we speak hitting all the area tracks, he said southfork was awesome and its a sand track. he went to vmp last sat and said its actually dusty there. he was going to birch creek and maybe ncmp too.

ROLLIN
03-16-2010, 09:27 AM
i'm at ncmp right now, alot of extra-stiff rutts... i'm on a bike but a quad would be tuff... might break up though... it's drying out from the rain. i'd recomend vmp, southfork, ncmp. you'd have to hit southfork on the weekend (nice sand track lots of rolling whoops a workout fo sho) i'd hit vmp twice cause it's on the way and you can do a 1/2day for $15.

motohanks
03-16-2010, 09:41 PM
I wish I saw your post earlier ROLLIN, we have been in the truck since 9am and just got to the hotel in Henderson, NC about a half hour ago. The plan is to go to NCMP tomorrow, would you recommend another track near here instead of going to NCMP?

motohanks
03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
We went to NCMP today and spent the day there. The dirtbike ruts were pretty bad, but we had the track to ourselves for most of the day. With at most one other person on the track with us, we were able to keep turning around and hitting the same jump over again. That was the first time I ever had a track to myself and was able to do that, so I am very glad I went to NCMP today. I was able to get more comfortable jumping and went from jumping 5 feet to 55-58 feet (to completely clear it and land on the backside is about 63 feet) on the table top type thing on the advanced track after you come down the hill by the parking lot.

We are trying to decide what track to go to tomorrow. Does anyone know what the track conditions are like at Lake Gaston.

JJs450r
03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
is the double step up there still i know a few quad guys to clear it all the way

motohanks
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
yeah, if I'm thinking of the right jump.

motohanks
03-17-2010, 07:59 PM
The new plan for the next few days is Virginia tomorrow and Breezewood on Friday and Saturday

ATVMX33
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
ill be at breezewood friday and saturday!

motohanks
03-17-2010, 09:19 PM
I will probably see you there then. It sounds like it's going to be a lot different than NCMP today, a lot more people on the track.

ROLLIN
03-17-2010, 10:40 PM
ya hit VMP it's right on your way back, it's gonna feel better on a quad than ncmp, less rutted, more hardpacked, some nice step-ups and a rythmn set of doubles. i'd still recomend 'South-Fork mx' to anyone heading south. oh ya can't go wrong with Breezewood!!:muscle: