PDA

View Full Version : another wiring issue?

prick
03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
So last time out it worked great, i took it out yesterday hit the starter button and nothing. No healights but yet i got nuetral light. Hit the starter and the nuetral light goes out, let it go it turns back on. check the battery and she got full charge I tried a good battery same thing. any ideas guys?

Bike is stock
I'm not new to atv's nor doing the work myself but this is being a BI*CH.

mineralgrey01gt
03-01-2010, 10:35 AM
get a diagram of the wiring schematic of the quad, go through it and make sure everything is ok

Foxhound013
03-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Have you checked the fuse?

Josh300ex
03-01-2010, 05:27 PM
same thing happened to my 01 440 a few weeks ago. there are 2 red wires coming from the plug near the battery, it splines into one up near the front of the seat and goes to the ignition. somewhere between the spline and the plug, one of the wires were broken, which only sent 2V to the regulator to charge the battery, wired around the broken wire to the plug and the spline and its fine now. mine is now sending 22V to the plug while reving it.

prick
03-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Fuse is good
I'll check that wire sometime today... if work slows down and i get a chance.

prick
03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
ok i fiddled with the wires at the solenoid and it's working now.... but before i did that one of the headlights were on but not the other. I still can't pinpoint the issue i know it's a wire but i can't get it to cut out again by moving the wires around. So i decided to run down the train tracks (my employers spur) to see if i could rattle the wire lose but no such luck it's still working but the other headlight came on now too. The main thing is it's working.... but it sure is driving me crazy not knowing the problem.

moyer17901
03-09-2010, 06:59 PM
did ya ever check the headlight assembly itself, sometimes they use a putty type stuff to minimize the amount for vibrations the bulb gets and that cood interfere with the connection its getting, or the bulb could be loose, but by the sounds of it I would just cut the old wires leave em or take em out and rerun all new wires to the headlight switch and to the lights just make sure to fuse the power wire if you do redo the wiring