PDA

View Full Version : New to the site and I have a whole lotta questions

DUNEZRUNNER
01-24-2003, 10:36 PM
I have been browsing throught the site for the past few weeks and have finally decided to join. This is a pretty awesome site and has alot of useful information.

I just got a 400ex at the beginning of the month. It runs alright, it has a yoshi pipe and uni filter on it. I took it out to the dunes the other day and was consistently getting beat by stock Z400's. This was sucks majorly.

So I bought a 14 tooth front sprocket and am hoping that this will make a difference, but I plan on modding it quite a bit more in the future. My future plans are to bore it out to a 416 or 440, bigger carb, cam, and port and polish the head. How much of a difference should I expect to see with these mods?

What order should I do these mods in that would benefit me the most, right now i can only afford to spend about $500 at a time so all at once isnt an option.

Sorry the post is so long but I have alot of questions for my new bike.
Thanks
Thomas

lilpoppy
01-24-2003, 11:41 PM
well I only have exhaust with the FCR 39 mm carb and a few other mods and I was beating Z400's last weekend. So if that is what you are really after then go for the carb first and that should come in at your 500$ range.

lilpoppy
01-24-2003, 11:42 PM
Actually i was beating piped Z400's to be exact.

Bunkerking217
01-25-2003, 12:29 AM
get a hot cam stage 2, you dont need new rockers and get a k&n airfilter with outerwears, depends on the terain, but tires are good too