View Full Version : ELKA shocks

jordan 23
02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Alright guys i bought a pair of 17 inch elka tripple rate shocks with remote ressies with the things to adjust the compression i mounted them up and they went on perfect but i set them down and they almost bottomed out the guy told me they were good i really dont know nothing about adjusting them whats wrong with them.

godzilla
03-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by jordan 23
Alright guys i bought a pair of 17 inch elka tripple rate shocks with remote ressies with the things to adjust the compression i mounted them up and they went on perfect but i set them down and they almost bottomed out the guy told me they were good i really dont know nothing about adjusting them whats wrong with them.

First things first, check your ride height. Most aftermarket shocks will set the quad lower than stock, but the only way to verify is by checking and setting your ride height with the preload collar.

The front must sit about 1/2 inch higher than the rear. Measure the rear from the ground to the bottom of your frame where the foot peg bolts in. Make sure you are sitting on the quad when you measure your ride height, so you may have to enlist the help of someone to do this. The front ride height should be measured about 20 - 22 inches forward from the rear position, or just before the frame turns upwards past the engine mounts.

jordan 23
03-01-2010, 01:40 PM
thanks