PDA

View Full Version : Wohooo !!!

Outlaw6;=-
02-28-2010, 04:33 PM
WAY TO GO CANADA !!!!

birdman7389
02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Funny, if the USA had won, it would have been no big deal.

Americans just don't give a damn about hockey :ermm:

900rracer
03-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Speak for yourself Birdman. Hockey is huge in America, I do not know where you come from, but obviously not a hockey town. This was huge for the whole hockey world (which you know nothing of) Myself, being from Pittsburgh, was happy no matter which way it turned out. It just so happened that the Captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins scored the game winning goal. So even though the USA got the Silver Medal, we in Pittsburgh still got the big thrill of a big win with Sid the Kid cashing in on the winning goal.

birdman7389
03-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 900rracer
Speak for yourself Birdman. Hockey is huge in America, I do not know where you come from, but obviously not a hockey town. This was huge for the whole hockey world (which you know nothing of) Myself, being from Pittsburgh, was happy no matter which way it turned out. It just so happened that the Captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins scored the game winning goal. So even though the USA got the Silver Medal, we in Pittsburgh still got the big thrill of a big win with Sid the Kid cashing in on the winning goal.

You may be from a Hockey Town, but that is not the norm in America. Id' be curious to see where the TV rankings are for hockey games. I'd guess that it is the 4th most popular behind Football, Baseball, and basketball.

somewon
03-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I live in Kansas city, and our hockey team has a better record than the chiefs and royals combined. :)

TYLER329
03-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I race quads and don't care about hockey at all.................so there..........now i'm in the fight.

katch26
03-01-2010, 12:03 PM
crosby's a no talent *** clown
.....he plays one way hockey (granted he has some skills in that aspect) but he doesn't play d can't give or take a hit and is a whiney b.
It was a good game yesterday, it just took way to long for the US to start playing. The first period and a half they just played dump and chase hockey.

900rracer
03-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Let's see, By age 22 Sid has:

led the NHL with 120 points (36 goals, 84 assists) to capture the Art Ross Trophy, becoming the youngest player and the only teenager to win a scoring title in any major North American sports league.

That same season, Crosby won the Hart Memorial Trophy as the most valuable player as determined by the Professional Hockey Writers Association, and the Lester B. Pearson Award as the most valuable player as determined by the NHL Players Association. He is the seventh player in NHL history to have earned all three awards.

Crosby won his first Stanley Cup in 2009, becoming the youngest captain in NHL history to win the championship

Internationally, Crosby has represented Team Canada in two World Junior Championships, winning silver in 2004 and gold in 2005. In the 2010 Winter Olympics, Crosby scored the game-winning goal against the United States to win the gold medal for Canada 3–2 in overtime

Judging by the above stated facts, explain to me how you have come to analyze Sid as a "no talent ***clown"?

Let me guess, you are an Ovechkin fan--this is a guy who pushed away a female Russian fan who came all the way to Vancouver to watch him in the Olympics. When he was exiting the hotel, she was taking pictures and he shoved the camera and the fan to the ground. That is a classy guy huh? I'd take a "no talent ***clown" any day over someone who behaves like Ovechkin.

Anyone else find it funny that we are debating this in the Outlaw/Predator forums?

xtreme 250x
03-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Nascar is actually the most watched sport in america!

How come Sid has to come to the US to get paid.:eek2:

katch26
03-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 900rracer

Anyone else find it funny that we are debating this in the Outlaw/Predator forums?

yeah it is funny. yes Ovie was wrong for shoving the camera but everyone has a bad day and even in his bad day he plays the game harder than anyone out there including Crosby. He plays both ways and stands up for his teammates when something happens.....you know you can't say the same for Crosby. Just watch a game when SC doesn't have a point and watch him melt down and throw a hissy fit. He spends more time trying to pull a call off someone that IS just playing the game.
Say what you want , I hate the Penguins but they have a good team that puts wayyy to much emphasis on Crosby when Malkin plays the game (the whole game) better than Crosby just without all the hype.

Originally posted by xtreme 250x
Nascar is actually the most watched sport in america!

How come Sid has to come to the US to get paid.:eek2:

ehhh its the NHL so it covers both countries

900rracer
03-01-2010, 08:19 PM
I am not knocking Ovechkin, I think that he is a talented hockey player, but has little or no class on and off the ice. As far as Sid standing up for his teammates--that is not what he gets paid to do--that is why the NHL has "goons." Crosby is out there to score goals and win championships. (which Ovechkin has yet to do).

Why did you not just tell me that you were a Penguin hater? We could have saved us both way too much time and energy typing in this forum.

Hey, we could go back and forth all day long, but I think that the rest of the quad guys are going to get sick of us talking hockey in their forum. Good luck to the Caps this year! We will probably see you guys somewhere in the playoffs.

katch26
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
lol true....its hard to not be a pens hater being a caps fan but its all in the fun of the sport, rivalries and all.

sheriff525
03-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Sid would not have got the goal if it wasn't for the amazing talent of IGINLA. he is the real talent.

Just wanted to send this around again.

Well done CANADA!!! GOLD!

sheriff525
03-19-2010, 06:07 PM
here

ian0615
03-20-2010, 07:46 PM
i dunno ...thats pretty funny ^^^^ lol and i am an american!! anyways Go Devils!!!!

katch26
03-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by sheriff525
here

lol pretty funny but Ill take silver at an exhibition game anyday to make the playoffs in the nhl.......Im looking at you edmonton/calgary/toronto :)

sheriff525
03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
yeah we dont have high hopes....i am just a band wagon fan anyways....go anybody!

katch26
03-23-2010, 07:36 AM
lol.....yeah I'm the same way for any team playing any team from NY.