PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Help

cmaxx
02-27-2010, 04:32 PM
my xbox 360 has the red rings on it,anyway to fix it?please nd thanks for the help.

02-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Xbox extended warranty for like 3 years i believe. they should warranty it if its not that old.

extremeblastr
02-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom
Xbox extended warranty for like 3 years i believe. they should warranty it if its not that old.

depends on the manufacturing date on the system not all were extended, most bought since april of 08 had only a one year warranty that will not be extended and there is a $119 repair fee

witech
02-27-2010, 05:39 PM
There are several ways to go about it. If not under warranty you can send it out to several places who charge a flat fee(around $100) to repair the box. There are also many youtube videos on how to repair them yourself.
Or you could just buy a repaired or still working unit off ebay for about the same price. try to find the latest production date .

Canadian144
02-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Best thing to do is to go to xbox.com and log in w/ your Windows Live ID. Then enter your console's serial number, and go to repairs to see if it is free for you to get your console replaced due to the red rings.

Mine broke in December, it was the second time it happened. I got my console on launch day (back in 06 I think?) and it broke less than a year later, sent it in, had to pay like $30 to get it fixed. Well the replacement blew up back in December, I went to the xbox website and it said that xbox is replacing 360's with the red ring of death for free, for me anyways.