PDA

View Full Version : Age question

nitrofish
02-27-2010, 09:06 AM
I have an age question for the nationals. If the boy is 5 on Jan.1 but turned 6 just this month, does that make him eligible for the 50cvt production (6-8) class. He just would not be able to go back to the 50 limited class? Seperate question I guess and maybe a little b*tch. Our local AMA sanctioned tracks require the kids to be 6 to even race a quad at their events. Not sure how that works? I guess their thinking is they only run a 50-70 cc(6-11) class. Not real fair, are they supposed to abide by AMA rules. I understand they don't have time to run every class, but shouldn't they let 4 year olds run in that class. AMA quote;
"YOUTH CLASSES: A rider's age on January 1 will determine his/her age for the year. However, a rider may move to the next higher age class (within the youth division only) if he/she will be eligible to do so at any time during the year. "

Thanks, Matt.:chinese:

tntauto1127
02-27-2010, 09:59 AM
As far as the Nationals,your boy could race both the 50 stock lim and the 50 mod cvt. Your allowed to run both classes as long as your bike meets the requirements. For example you could run your 50 lim quad in the 50mod cvt class but not the other way around.

As far as locally I think the rules can be modified by the district.

You are one of the lucky ones because your boy can race the lower class even though he"s a year older. This is possible because the year age is decided by age on jan 1st plus you can race the class that his actual age is, like the 6-11 50 class.

mini racer #39
02-27-2010, 10:13 AM
What ever the age is at the start of the National season...If they have a Birthday during the season they can move up to the next class on their birthday. Not the day before like it used to be. And you can still finish the class that you started the race season out with.

coffing918
02-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I think that rule is for bikes being there ages for classes do not overlap, they have 4-6 and 7-8 so there saying that u can not run as a 6 year old in one class and also be a 7 year old in another class. as to where the quad classes are 4-6 and then 6-8 the age overlaps .we went thru that a one of our local series.

jerkyboy
02-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Hes got a good birthday my son just turned 8 and can still run the 50 production class next year if we choose to.

tntauto1127
02-27-2010, 07:12 PM
yeah you guys are lucky. My boys birthday is in August so he's almost a year behind.

nitrofish
02-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Actually, I'm not the lucky one it is a friend's boy.I think they may have planned that one 7 years ago. Jack is 4 and has a late may b-day, not bad though. Thanks for all the responses.