PDA

View Full Version : 2007 ltz90 ele. problems.

ejam
02-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi, My sons ltz90 has been babied and only has around 10 hrs of ride time. It has sat for 8 months in my garage. Went out to drain gas and add new in to start it, and nothing. Well I knew the battery would be dead, but pull start is what I was using. After about 1o pulls, I stopped and remove plug. No spark. Got to looking aroud all the wire connectors, and found the 10amp fuse on the starter relay, blown. Could someone on here tell me how to test my cdi. I have tried to jump out the brake switch, no spark.
I just dont know where to go from here.
I cant understand what could go wrong with it sitting for 8 months, when it was running fine before I put it in garage for storage. And my garage is cooled/heated.

ejam
02-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Ok, I just checked the ing.switch, and it is good. I realy need to know how to test the cdi, that next on my list.

Could someone tell me what would make a cdi go bad?

ejam
02-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Ok, I just tested the stator. I unpluged the black/blue -black/red wire and put my tester on ac volts and when I pull start , I got some low voltage. I guess its low volts because of pull start. So I am guessing thats good. Next I will try to figure out how to test the brake safety switch.

ejam
02-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok, I unplugged the engine run/off switch and tested it. There are 4 wires in the plug, the top two ohms out when in the run position. but the bottom two wires I get no reading. Now the question is, what else does the run/off switch controll?

Oh, I did test the brake safety switch, and it ohms out, so it is good.

LT80
02-27-2010, 06:28 PM
You test the stator with ohms.
I think a LT80 is like 186..

airmobile101
02-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Do those things have a kill tether installed?

ejam
02-28-2010, 05:38 PM
LT80, thanks for that info, did not think of that.

airmobile101, no thether.

I have tried to jump start it with a jump box, after I had found no spark. The starter moter turns over fine, but could that have blown the starter relay fuse, and kill the cdi?
I just dont understand why I am having such problems with something this new. There has been no chopping into wires or anything, bone stock and only 10 hrs of ride time.

Right now, Im thinking of buying a new cdi and voltage regulator.

airmobile101
02-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ejam
LT80, thanks for that info, did not think of that.

airmobile101, no thether.

I have tried to jump start it with a jump box, after I had found no spark. The starter moter turns over fine, but could that have blown the starter relay fuse, and kill the cdi?
I just dont understand why I am having such problems with something this new. There has been no chopping into wires or anything, bone stock and only 10 hrs of ride time.

Right now, Im thinking of buying a new cdi and voltage regulator.
If my memory serves me correctly, I think those and the LTZ50 do have cdi issues. Now, don't qoute me on that,but I think they did have issues.

ejam
02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Well thank you guys for your replys. Hopefully, I can get this quad going before spring. My wife is the only one that likes to ride it. my sons say its too slow! lol And I have removed the speed reducer ring from the cvt.

jbrad428
09-08-2011, 07:43 PM
did you ever figure out the poblem? i am having the same problem