PDA

View Full Version : PRM Skid Plates and Grab Bar

clemsonteg
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I was looking at PRM's website and I saw the desert grab bar and I plan to get it. I also liked their skid plates (a-arms, engine, and swing arm) but I wasn't sure which thickness to get, any suggestions?

Does anyone have one of the grab bars? My quad doesn't have the tool holder, but I was planning to get one on ebay. It says its for a 300ex anyone know if it will fit? and will the tool holder fit with the prm grab bar?

honda400ex2003
02-26-2010, 08:02 PM
if you can get a 1/4" one that is probably the thickest one you can get. I would get that just for reassurance where i ride but i would say that 3/16" would be plenty for the average rider. the holder should work from the 300 as far as i have ever noticed. i am not 100% sure though. It should also fit with the grab bar, the bar mounts on the subframe. steve

clemsonteg
02-26-2010, 08:17 PM
The a-arms and bottom plate go up to 3/16" and the swing arm goes up to 1/4". I will have to order all this stuff in a few weeks when I get back from el mexico

jdog75
02-27-2010, 08:54 AM
not sure what thickness mine is but it take a beatin and i mean like times where the backend is lifted up from the skidplate and there isnt anything more than a scratch. and i would say its alittle less or the same as a cd case but thats only from memory mines at my friends house torn apart again